We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking age in Dubai??

South Wales
4 posts
Save Topic
Drinking age in Dubai??

My friend just told me that the legal drinking age in Dubai is 21....i'm going to Dubai in 4weeks time with my boyfriend, he's 23 but i'm only 20. I've also been told you can't go to any clubs unless you are 25yrs old. Is this true??

If the legal age is 21 can you tell me just how strict this law is and whether i am likely to get asked for id?? I'm not a big drinker but i do like to have a glass of wine with my meal when on hols!!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking age in Dubai??

Try Masafi at the Hotel Bar......really good stuff!!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking age in Dubai??

Now now rister, that sort of reply is my domain. On second thoughts, keep it up then Rosy will get onto your back instead of mine.

There will be no problem. There is no showing of ID - they want your money.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking age in Dubai??

Yes legal age to drink in Dubai is 21years.

Some of the clubs have bouncers who 'may' ask to see your passport/visa copy.

Trust that your aware about the co-habitation rules.

For both - Everything will be hunky dory till some one complains or there is an incident.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking age in Dubai??

How old do you look!

On a Weds/ Thurs/ Fri night you may be hassled at the most popular venues (Zinc, Boudoir, Triliogy, Peppermint - must be 21) but there are others you can try, hotel bars are usually okay- but if you want to go dancing- get your byf to show his ID and then argue- you are on holiday, didn't bring it with you because of that (can't drag your passport around), you are the same age as him- all that stuff, also come at around 10.30-11- it isn't so busy then, they want to fill up the club.

But, for less hassle, try- Chameleon (at Wafi), BarZar, Trader Vics, Jam Base (at Madinat), Bahri Bar (Mina A'Salam).. buy a Time Out Dubai magazine when you arrive and check out the Nightlife listings for venues. Try them all!