We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance hotel

liverpool
14 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance hotel

Could anyone please tell me what the area around the Renaissance hotel is like.Is it ok or dodgy.Any comments please

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Renaissance hotel

that was an accident!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Renaissance hotel

But, my dear Kathy, I disagree with you too. Just think what AED 150 in taxis will get you in distance around town - that's GBP 25 surely not a daily sum to cause heartache. And, you'll be within 20 paces of Spice Island. That area might not have the glossiest veneer, but it's perfectly acceptable as a holiday base.

BB

Helping People To Appreciate Al Muteena More

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Renaissance hotel

Hey peeps - how do you like the new me then? Wasn't I good above (or was that god above?).

BB

Helping His Heart

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Renaissance hotel

BB

If you have to stay at the Renaissance, i am sure Dhs150 would be better spent on beer at the Barasti :) And Spice Island is good, i will not question that.. but Lotus One is better

K

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Renaissance hotel

Look - they're Scousers. Don't go giving them ideas beyond their station. The Renaissance is fine enough and so is Spice Island.

BB

Helping People To Understand Liverpool

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Renaissance hotel

I stayed there last fall during Ramadan and as it happened the day one of the beloved Sheiks who helped build up Dubai passed away. I found the staff very attentive and wandered around after dark with no problems. Found a good Asian restaurant a couple of blocks away and plenty of stores for shopping, although many had closed due to the circumstances.

I would recommend the Renaissance if you are looking for a more upscale type hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Renaissance hotel

You would recommend the Renaissance for an upscale hotel?

I almost made a bb comment- maybe i have lived here for too long, and this day has gone on too long.

And BB- say no more.

Renaissance is great. You will love it. I can think of no where better..

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Renaissance hotel

Well, I have stayed in some lesser hotels in Dubai, and stayed in some of the better ones, I would classify Renaissance at the upper part of the middle of the pack....how is that??

Actually my favorite for just one night stopovers is the Lotus. I think it used to be Howard Johnsons. Clean, nice 24 hr club, close to my favorite food places etc. And a quick cab ride to the airport.

I know how it is though, I live in a tourist town in Western Canada, (Victoria) and see it with different eyes than the tourists do, as far as the hotels and restaurants etc.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Renaissance hotel

I would concur with you lynn.