We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton dubai creek... August

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
6 posts
Save Topic
Hilton dubai creek... August

I am going on my honeymoon to Dubai in late august...

Is there stuff i should know about.... I dont know much so the more info the better...

Thanks in advance...

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

you should know that august is THE hottest month of the year in dubai so expect at least 45 degrees to a high of 50 degrees during that month- its really really hot!!! But as ur going late august it might not be so bad- but that is why the hotel rates are very cheap.

The hilton dubai creek is very central in dubai- cant suggest much as it will too hot to do things outdoors. I guess find areas with air conditioning and go to the shopping malls.

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Stuff???

Like what?

There are already alot of post on "stuff" which you can access via the search box.

If you wanted to know more then u cud ask specifically.

What do u think?

Your welcome in advance.

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Wow , Des have you taken over the baton from beduboy in his absence ?

Was a bit short , dont you think !

Tony

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

To be fair tho he is right....stuff could be anything!!! Its a bit random to ask 'what stuff should I know" We like specific questions here!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Tony

Have a look at Sam valiant effort.

How much does that tell you?

And isnt that pretty much general knowledge?

Not just from previous post but in General.....

August is hot.

If you read the Hilton web site, I am sure u wud find out where it is.

and if it wasnt for a/c we would all be dried up figs.....

I could post some thing like - Great time of year, nice friendly people, Cheap Taxi, Fantastic food and Great shopping bargains.

So how does that help traveller????

I dont think my post was rude, it was factual.

Nor was I saying it was a bad question.

If you ask a specific question, we can provide a more useful specific answer.

Think about it.

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

actually i have been on this forum long enough to know that some people dont realise just how hot when they book there holiday. Sorry - as like u pointed out the post was sooo vague that i guess the main thing is the weather as that effects what u can do.

london
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Ooops... maybe i was bit vague...

The weather...

Does it get cooler in the evenings...

what are the chances of a cloudy day or 2.... what 'indoor' things are there to do... Is it dry heat or humid heat

the hotel..

Is it any good.. im paying 650 for 6 nights (creek view room).. am i being ripped off... what are the chances of blagging an upgrade while i'm there... would a beach hotel have been better?

Shopping..

Are prices for electronic goods / clothes cheaper than elsewhere... are the shoppping malls open in august....

Prices..

what are they like generally for food and taxis etc...

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Sam

Chill - that was an excellent response, Honest. It was good.

Cheers

Des.

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Some of the other responses that may provide answers to your questions.

Cheers

Des.

tripadvisor.com/…859416

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k1525…

tripadvisor.com/…1091297

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k1920…

_span_class_hterm_taxi_span_from_airport_to_hilton_dubai_creek-l1067919-Dubai.html#1067919

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k1795…

_Seeking_Advice_on_Rooms_and_span_class_hterm_Taxi_span_Le_Royal_Meridien_Beach-l989806-Dubai.html#989806

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton dubai creek... August

Look Des ,they have already booked their holiday / honeymoon and if it was me would rather hear something with a bit of a positive spin on it.How would you like to hear ..oh its very hot .etc.

Well i for one wouldnt be to happy.

just i would be a little more sensitive to their questions ,ok tell them that it's not the best time of year but throw in a couple of good points and remember not everyone goestrawling back through 40+ pages of mostly tosh on this forum.

Anyway traveller81 the hilton has gorden Ramseys restaurant in the hotel and we eat there last week and had a wonderful meal.In the top three meals ive ever had in 4 years of holidaying in Dubai.....You'll have a great time and all the best for your forthcoming wedding.

Traveller dont take offence to some of the locals ,seems the heat does get to some !! (joke Des)

Tony

Tony