We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

we have been quoted 50aed for taxi by the hotel is this a fair price

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

It would probably cost less in a Dubai Transport Taxi which you could pick up from outside the hotel. Depending on when you arrive, it's not a long journey (10 - 15 mins if that). Two things to remember when getting a taxi at the airport, first off, there is a surcharge, but I can't remember how much and secondly, if you get in one of the bigger taxis with the sliding doors (i.e., not a normal saloon car), they are more expensive than the bog standard taxi. I genuinely don't think it would cost as much as Dhs. 50 though.

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

The AED.50 is for a private transfer.

as per their web site -

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/maps_directions.jhtml;jsessionid=SPBC4GYW3555CCSGBIXM22QKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=DXBDCHI

Dubai International Airport - Distance from hotel: 2 km.

Drive time: 5 min.

Transportation to and from the Airport

Type Typical Minimum Charge

Limousine AED 50.00

Taxi AED 30.00

Two good previous post on taxi and private transfer which includes rates -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k179559-_Seeking_Advice_on_Rooms_and_span_class_hterm_Taxi_span_Le_Royal_Meridien_Beach-Dubai.html

(remove the spaces between .com/ and show)

tripadvisor.com/…859250

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Des.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

You're on top form today Des!

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

Dear Jaky

That cause I am sober..... Night last's session has worn out.

Am all set to give the barman some serious work this evening. Even rested my working arm, so can lift the glass faster....

Cheers

Des.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

I admire your tenacity! Actually you speaking of going out on the lash, I emailed Stadybelle today and asked her what she thought of the idea of the Dubai-ites (and even the odd Muscat-ite!) meeting up at some point. Perhaps there might even be the odd visitor or two here if we did organise something? It would be quite interesting to see if we are all as stroppy in person as we seem to be on here!

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

Sounds good.

But your going to have to meet me after 2am....people say I am more fun when I am drunk.....

Cheers

Des.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

I'm worse in person! And Des are you sure you're not still half cut or is that your Yoda impression?

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

I admire anyone who can write like Yoda (let alone speak like him)!!!!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

Bedu and Jaky

You have both totally foxed me.

Yoda - as in the Star Wars Character OR as in young person.

If its star wars then I dont see the co-relation. (having seen star wars 20 years back)

If its young person - then yes I am young.

P.S. fyi - my impression of Bedu is pretty nasty (graphically speaking) - this old man with an oxford dictionary in one hand and a teachers stick in the other. So I guess if your even 1pct better, you shud be quite handsome.

In any case with all your dialogues and a couple of beer I doubt I would be able to understand what you mumble, let alone carry on a conversation with you. So u shud be quite bearable.

Cheers

Des.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from airport to hilton dubai creek

Telling see you Yoda he is. And, don't worry Des, I use Chamber's 21st Century - no elitist snobbery here (and it's probably less painful when smacked around one's head).