We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

Can anyone help? I'm staying at LRM in June, flying with Ethiad into Abu Dhabi aiport around 8pm. Is it easy enough to get a taxi outside the airport? Or would we be waiting ages in a taxi queue?? The LRM can send a car for 500 AED but if anyone can recommend a reputable alternative ie. a private transfer company, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tracey.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

Hi,

Taxis are plentiful at Abu Dhabi Airport so no problem there. It won't cost as much as the hotel is quoting, I think gibby said around AED250 so that is around half the price you have been quoted. Sorry don't know about the private transfers.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

As Molly says cost would be about 250Dhms, there's usually no queue as such, but you may have to wait 5 mins as they use certain drivers into Dubai.

Ignore any taxi touts as you come out of the airport and use the official rank. The tout drivers are more expnsive and don't always know where they're going.

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

Thanks guys for your advice. God, I'm soooo excited I can't wait to go!! :-)

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

See this post:

Transfer Abu Dhabi to Dubai to Abu Dhabi

5. Re: Taxi or private transfer from abu dhabi airport to dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 26, 2009