We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to go back to our hotel

FRANCE
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to go back to our hotel

Hi all !

3 more weeks and I'll be in Dubai ! Just a last question. Is it easy to find taxi near malls to go back to our hotel ? I would not like to wait too longer a taxi because of the heat !

What do they cost ? City center to Royal Mirage ?

Many thanks !

Delphine

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

there is a taxi spot just outside the mall usually lots of taxis waiting, it will cost you about 60-70 Dirhams tops

There is a new shopping centre in Jebel Ali which is just as good as city centre and a lot closer.

FRANCE
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

60 AED ? It seems very, very expensive ! I think I will take the shuttle !

Thank you Steve !

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Delphine, its quite a long way from the royal mirage to city centre. I live near the mirage and it takes me at least 40 mins to get there and thats it the traffic is ok so its really not that expensive. However if the shuttle is free you cant get cheaper than that!! Try Ibn Battuta-thats the new mall referred to-it will take you about 10 mins to get there if traffic is ok (which it generally is in this part of town) Bear in mind-on a friday most of the shops wont open til about 4pm-in Ibn Battuta its 2pm. Hope this helps

FRANCE
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Thank you Stacey !

It seems a very nice mall ! (and close to the Royal Mirage !)

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Its not completely finished yet but all the main stores are open, its lovely and spacious and its quite quiet usually because its a little out of town (but near where you are!!) I Hope you have a brilliant time here!

FRANCE
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Thanks a lot Stacey.

So, my schedule will be :

thursday and friday : around the pool ;

saturday : afternoon tea at Burj al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah

sunday : IBN Battuta Mall ;

monday : wonder bus and Emirates tower Hotel (Vu's Bar)

tuesday : Regency Hyatt (revolving restaurant)

wenesday : bye-bye Dubai

What do you think of it ?

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Went to Ibn Battuta a few days back, it's nicely done and quieter than City Centre but no where near as much choice. I don't know about the Royal Mirage but the Hilton Jumeirah did a fixed price with the hotel cars for 50dhms to City Centre. Taxis are everywhere Delphine, you'll never have to wait long for one if at all. have a good time : )

FRANCE
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Many Thanks Devonukmsn !

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

your schedule sounds wonderfull, have a great time.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi to go back to our hotel

Delphine - I think a day at Ibn Battuta is quite a lot, but anyway.... Incidentally, it's 1.25 km in long so if you start at, say, Geant and end up back there, at least you will know you've had a good walk!!! Also, try Mercato Mall on the Jumeirah Road. Close-ish to your hotel (well, closer than City Centre) and a fair selection of shops and extremely pretty! I'd say it's worth a visit.