We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approximate cost

Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Approximate cost

We have decided, because we only have like 4 hours that we are going to get a cab from the airport to the gold souk or the gold and diamond park and Karama.

Could someone please advise me what an approximate cost would be for a taxi from the airport to the gold souk/Karama is please?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Approximate cost

If you only have 4 hours then I would stick to the Gold Soukh rather than the G&D park because the soukh is much closer to the airport.

When you get in the meter will already have 20 dirham showing - that's the standard airport charge and go to the Gold soukh first.

When you come out there is a taxi rank and jump in a cab there to whizz to Karama.

When you have finished at Karama then there wil be taxis waitng outside and you can go from there to the airport.

None of the journeys should cost more than about £8 - sorry I don't know what the conversion to AUS $ is

Second thing is I hope you are not intending to do this on a Friday before 4pm - because most things are closed until 4pm on a Friday

Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Approximate cost

Thanks Latimer thats very helpful. Nope we will be there from 5.40am until 1pm next Thursday.

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Approximate cost

Most shops won't open until 10 am.

4. Re: Approximate cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 22, 2009