We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in dubai- help needed!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time in dubai- help needed!

Hi all,

im a single woman (25) and i'm thinking of going to Dubai and looking to go in the next week! i know its pretty last minute, but the weather in the uk is soo bad! i think i need some sun! i ideally want to stay in a very safe area, with a hotel very close to a beach if possible. any ideas on the best area/resort to stay in? i've never been before, hoping to have a good time there!

thanks in advanced.

London
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in dubai- help needed!

Hi there

Dubai all round is a very safe city and you should have no worries about safety when you go there. Hotel wise, it really depends on your budget on where you can stay. I would recommend the mina a salam as it is a very beautiful hotel on the beach front with outstanding service. However, it is a bit pricey and maybe hard to find availability in it this late. If you could just give me an idea of a budget that would really help.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in dubai- help needed!

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

ideally less than £100.i would like to stay either very close to the beach, or if my budget doesn't allow that, than somewhere that is very close to the beach- within walking distance of say 10 minutes. is jumeirah beach the best beach there? or are there other beaches just as nice and slightly cheaper to stay close to?

my friends are worreied about me going by myself, so im trying to reassure them i'll be safe! are there any places where tourists/backpackers go to? might be a good place to meet people.

thanks in advance :)

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in dubai- help needed!

your best bet is ibis

cheap and clean

also the centrally located.

they run a airport shuttle every hour and also one to the jumeirah beach park at 9am/11am/1pm.

its located next to novotel which has a bar lotus one and across the road is peppermint, zinc and a few other nite spots.

a short taxi drive are other clubs on jumeirah beach road - 360, budha bar etc etc....

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in dubai- help needed!

back packin is an alien term in dubai... as for meeting people, dont get into cars of strangers - unless your interested in an eventful journey with surprises....

5. Re: first time in dubai- help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 22, 2009