We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

Berkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

Really want to experience Al Dawaar but wondered when would be the best time to visit?

Dinner would be my preference but would like to make the most of the amazing views, what time does the sun go in?

Also if I am staying at the Oasis Beach Hotel is the Hyatt hotel a long distance?

Would you suggest tying the restaurant visit into visiting other attractions during the day? What else is near to the Hyatt?

Thanks! :-)

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

If you tell us when you are here, I'll tell you sunset is.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

Sorry - would help wouldn't it?! I will be coming over to Dubai on the 22th Feb, hoping to book something 25-28th.

Thanks!

:-)

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

Feb 25 sunset will be 18.18 local.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

It is quite a long way maybe 45 minutes by taxi and that's if the traffic is in your favour.

The Gold Souk, the museum, the heritage village are all down in that neck of the woods

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

We combined revolving restaurant with a trip to the Sheikh's house and an abra trip across the creek to the gold souk. Recommend both house and gold souk if you haven't been before.

The restaurant was very good too, and reasonably priced. There weren't many children in the restaurant, it was quiet and calm compared to some of the other hotel restaurants, but our children (then 11 and 8) loved it there - keep asking to go back!

6. Re: Revolving restaurant (Al Dawaar)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 17, 2009