We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for dubai

Boston, Mass.
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visa for dubai

from what i've read us citizens do need a visa to visit dubai

but what i've read is that we need a sponsor from uae to visit

can someone help me out

thanks

stephen

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for dubai

Whether you need a visa or not depends on what you are coming to do.

http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/visas.asp

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for dubai

Beduboy has given you the correct place to look but if you are just coming here on holiday, US citizens get visas on arrival. For some reason, I have it in my head that US citizens get longer stays on their visas than others, but that you would really need to check out properly.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for dubai

That's not what it says on that web site. Seems that only we Brits get 60 days for free. I particularly like the bit where it says "the stamp may say 30 days but it is really for 60 days". You can't beat a bit of Dubai logic!

Having said that, the site seems hoplessly out of date (top Ministry is Information - always on the ball).

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visa for dubai

On that note, it's worth pointing out to people if you stay for the full visa period (i.e., sixty days), try to leave on the 59th day, as you may incur overstay fines in some cases by leaving on the 60th day. Anyone wishing to stay longer than sixty days can renew their visit visa by either applying to immigration and extending by a further thirty days at a cost of Dhs. 500 but then you would have to leave the country and do what we call a visa run to a nearby state (e.g., Oman/Qatar). You can then come back in on a fresh visit visa for another sixty days. Alternatively you could do this at the end of the first visa and get another sixty days immediately which is actually more economical as the flight will probably cost less than the visa extension. Please note that this only applies to passport holders who can obtain visas on arrival. If you have to apply for a visa in advance (for example, residents of South africa), you can extend for thirty days in the country but the second visit visa can only be applied for when you have left the country and you would need to make sure you went somewhere that you either had a visa for already or where you didn't need a visa for, which is why many people go to Kish Island.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: visa for dubai

Are you trying to get a job with the Ministry?

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visa for dubai

Sadly, it is part of my job to know these things...or should I have said happily? Actually, I think the MoE sounds fab - short working days/weeks and I look good in black, so I'd fit in fine!