We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
1 post
Save Topic
british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

im going to dubai on 12 th june staying at hilton jb where can you recomend for live sports tv and a pint, iv heared about the irish village how far is this from the hotel, any suggestions welcome

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

Irish Village is not far from the airport. From memory, other bars for sports are Henry J. Beans (Capitol Hotel in Satwa, forgive me Beduboy if it isn't in Satwa exactly please!), sometimes Meridien Mina Seyahi (very close to your hotel) shows rugby, Boston Bar at the Jumeirah Rotana (and I know that's definitely in Satwa), Longs Bar in the Rotana Towers on Sh. Zayed Road. You could ask your concierge to try to find out for you or - alternatively - check out time out and what's on mags when you get here or visit the time out website beforehand and see if there's anything listed.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

The Hilton will probably have the games on somewhere. As to the Irish Village: a) it will be a bit far and b) a bit too hot and sweaty perhaps. For banter and an appreciative rugby audience, I would go to Aussie Legends at Rydges Plaza hotel. However, be prepared for the Kiwi contingent giving you grief when the Lions get hammered.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

If my memory serves me correctly, The Capitol is in Al Mina but I can check if you wish. Tip: the main roads generally delineate the boundaries of an area; so, something on one side of the road is in one area and something over the road is in another. Simple as that (it's just knowing what constitutes a main road!). If it's any consolation - even Time Out got it wrong and totally got the wrong road for the taxi directions. Hope you feel better about that.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

I know it's on the Mina Road (Port Rashid side), but wasn't sure which area it came over. Hadn't actually realised Al Mina was an area, just thought it was a road. Makes you wonder how we all manage to get around without getting totally lost!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

I shall contine my quest to educate!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

Continue, even!

Dubai
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: british lions live sports and and a pub to watch in

Hi Mike. You can also try the Boston Bar, the Aviation Club, Champions at the Marriott and the sports bar at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The only trouble will be if it's being braodcast solely on the South African sports channel, in which case, being an illegal channel, you'll have to ring aroud and see who's showing it. Alternatively, chat to almost any bloke you meet, and they'll have their own ideas!!