We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

I have booked Brunch at the Burj for when we are in Dubai and the only booking I could get was 10am-price is 450 D -is it worth it? What do you get for that price? I left it too late to try and get afternoon tea as they are fully booked now until 4 Dec. Any help appreciated

Thanks, Louise

Dublin
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

Hi There

I had Breakfast at the Burj at 10am on 29th Oct, just gone. It's in the Lobby on the 1st floor so you don't get to see much of the Burj, just the atrium really. It's a set menu and you get a choice of 2 eggs dishes - scrambled or an omelette, I think. You get a layer of dishes, served like afternoon tea(in tiers). On the top is a Muesli in a little glass, in the middle is a fruit salad - mango, pinapple, 2 types of melon. On the bottom is two little savory canapies - one with cream cheese and smoked salmon and the other with Cheddar and Turkey. Both only have two bites in them really, three if you nibble like a lady! They give you plentyful brown and white toast and juice and tea/coffee. We spent about 30-40 minutes there in total. Make sure you bring your reservation confirm with you or you won't get through security. I think it's worth it if you want to visit the Burj, which i did. If your just going for the grub, then I don't think it's worth it. Remember no jeans, long trousers. Some people who where there were dressed in their Sunday best - full makeup, jewellery, etc. Like they were going to a Wedding!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,786 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

That's breakfast not brunch, which is an entirely different prospect. Brunch takes place on a Friday and is a Dubai instituion many of the hotels have it not just the Burj.

Those on here who have tried brunch at the Burj say it is worth every penny and you would be there for much longer than 45 minutes - it's an all you can eat buffet.

So make sure you have a brunch booking and not a breakfast booking

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

Alt book the buffet rest in the eveing then you can hang out at the Burj a lot longer.

That rest is the same place in the lobby.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

It's soooooooo worth it !!! We went for the first time this year and I've just rebooked for next year. To start with the welcome as you arrive is unlike anywhere else, not intimidating as you'd expect, the whole experience is just very special.

The brunch is very leisurely, no pressure to be in and out, we were there about 3 and a half hours this year (lots of breaks between plates !) and the choice is amazing. They have a lush breakfast buffet, lots of arabic hot and cold choices, a carvery lunch which is brought round by an english chef and carved at your table, a see it to believe it ice sculpture display surrounding the seafood bufet, the most amazing cheeseboard I've ever seen and don't even get me started on the deserts (people were taking photos they were just simply divine, masterpieces).

I can't stress enough just how much you'll enjoy it, and if you fancy wine, don't be sold the dearest, it's the same wine menu as in all the other Jumeirah restaurants, it's all lovely so if budget's at all an issue, then choose the cheapest.

Give yourselves lots of time, kick back and enjoy the experience and I promise you it's worth every penny, wander round and take some pictures and savour what is possibly one of the most awesome views in the world.

It's seven star for a reason and amazingly the staff are generous, approachable and you'll recieve a very warm welcome. Go, enjoy it and I promise you'll want to go back.

Happy to answer any other questions you might have, we've been twice now (going again next year) so contact me through my profile if you like

5. Re: Brunch at the Burj -is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 13, 2009