We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Weather in October

Hi

Can anyone tell what the weather is like in October in Dubai???

We will be there for the first week from the 3rd to 10th of October! Will we be affected much by the Ramadan??? Will the bars be open in the Irish village etc etc??

Also we are staying the Dubai Hilton Creek Hotel any views on this hotel and where is good to eat near there???

Thanks All!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

Hi,

I can't answer the main question, but we are going to Dubai in December, hoping to stay in the Hilton Dubai creek.

There are so many places to eat in Dubai. Saying as you are staying in the Hilton, there's always Gordon Ramsay's Verre, and lots of people say that the Glasshouse is good for lunch.

The cheapest that we can find for 4 nights in December is via the Hilton site, can anyone see anything better??

Hope this helps.

Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

The Ramadan for 2005 will be from October 4th until November 2nd.

Weather in October is average high 34, average low 23 Celsius (see weather channel)

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

Something to be aware of. The dates quoted are not fixed. They will vary day a day or so either way. The majority of Islamic holidays are called according to the moon and to announce the end of Ramadan each country has a moonsighting committee (they even go up in a plane) and very often it will be called for different days in different countries. As far as taking a holiday here during Ramadan is concerned, you can look back at quite a bit of previous communication on it, but you will find all bars closed during the day and open after seven at night. Other than in hotels, you can't eat/drink in public places (e.g., in cafes, on the streets, etc.) during public hours if you are an adult regardless of your religion. But kids can, so if you have a family, that's not a problem. It has, over the past few years, relaxed quite a bit in terms of the places to eat in the hotels are not just closed off rooms. I have had lunch in an outdoor restaurant (facing the sea) at The Royal Mirage during Ramadan. The other consideration is that the shops have weird opening hours during Ramadan. Rather than 10 - 10 for most of them, it tends to be 10 - 1 and 5,6 or 7 till around 10, 11 or midnight. After Ramadan we have Eid, when basically things return to "normal". There's no live music in bars and some bars have no music at all or if they do, it's quite subdued. And the ones that stay open till 3 will close at around 1 or 2 am. It's not an ideal time to visit but it's not THAT bad.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

PENFOLD, you won't find the Hilton any cheaper than on their own website, you might spend less in total if you take a package through a travel company

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

Thanks all for your comments!!

We will make the most of it anyways!!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

I predict that the weather could very well be sunny with, possibly, some light, fluffy, white clouds. On the other hand, if someone has let the nasty weather genie out of the bottle, it could very well be cloudy the whole week with drizzle and rain. How about that for a weather forecast? Trust me, I'm a doctor.