We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

We are staying at the Rydges Plaza hotel next week for 6 nights. Can anyone suggest some decnt restaurants to eat out in that won't break the bank, and are not too far afield? Many thanx

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

The rydges itself has some nice restaurants-try the italian. There is also a mexican and an ozzie legends bar inside the hotel. I think there might be a chinese too but if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me!

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

It also has Billy Blues (and yes, there was a Chinese there, but I haven't been there for years). Go to Ravis (excellent Pakistani/Indian food) which is just over the road from your hotel (they will direct you) and there's an excellent Iranian just behind the hotel itself. Many of the Emiratis get food from there, which is a good sign in itself!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

The hotel is located almost on Al Dhiyafa St that some local publication dubbed "the Champs Elysees of Dubai". I don't know what mind altering medication that author was on but you won't be short of eateries either in the hotel or up Al Dhiyafa St. Apart from Ravi's and the Pars Kitchen referenced above, Gelato's in the Dune Centre is OK and you may make it as far as the Jumeirah Rotana for a change of hotel scenery.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

Stayed there myself last December. The Italian on the ground floor is mgnificent, Billy Blues is well worth a visit, and the Chinese is very good indeed. On Sunday evening, you will get a flyer giving you 25% off your meal. If i remember right 2 beers gets you 1 free. Go early and enjoy a quiet excellent meal. Aussie legends is also worth a meal and a beer.

Dubai
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out (near Rydges Plaza)

Close by there are two arabic restaurants you also have coffee shops, internet cafe and ice cream - just after the round about towards Jumeirah Beach.

The public beach is also not to far away.

Incase that does not suit your pallet then a 10 minute taxi drive away you have Karama and on the trade centre road oppositie Bur Juman Shopping complex are a whole load of restaurants.

You should be able to see it on this map

directrooms-uae.com/rydges-plaza-dubai-hotel…

Al Makhool rd near Spinney has some other restaurants.

Another good place to eat is Riqqa Rd in Deira about 30minutes drive.

Basically food is not a problem, just wonder around and you will see something interesting. Drop in and if you like the ambiance and menu - go for it.

Cheers

Des.