We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traditional meal in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Croatia
2 posts
Save Topic
traditional meal in Dubai

Hi,

My plan is to visit Dubai very soon so I am very interested in their traditional food. Could you please suggest me what to eat in Dubai.

It doesn't have to be delicious, rather amusing to taste.

thank you, bye

Rina

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

Hi there, Norafora

I don't think the UAE has any traditional cuisine restaurants, think the closest you'll get is Lebanese and there are loads of really good value Lebanese restaurants all over the place.

I guess the only place you'd get traditional food is in an Emirati home, but I could well be wrong.

Come on you guys out there - if you do know of anywhere then we'd love to know, too!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

There are plenty of Persian/Iranian restaurants around, my favourite is Shabestan in Radison SAS.(old Intercon)

Boston...
Level Contributor
362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

The UAE is open to vast variety of Middle Eastern cuisine from Lebanonese to Iranian. Therefore the UAE is a mix of traditional foods from within the Middle East Region/Asia/Indian (sub-contenetial).

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
108 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

Bakastia Nights , traditional regional food in a traditional building, and when youre fit to burst you can have a walk along the creek

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

If you are traveling in the next 8 days then you can enjoy a traditional Iftar Dinner (breaking of the fast during Ramadan). I ate at the Hilton Jumeirah in their Iftar tent and for 85 AED, it was great. Granted pretty traditional Lebanese type food but very good.

Croatia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

Great! Thank you for all of this information.

I 'll send you postcards guys!

7. Re: traditional meal in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 11, 2009