We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The cost of living in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Topic
The cost of living in Dubai

Hi there,

Can anyone help me? Myself and my boyfriend are moving over to Dubai next September 08. We're trying to get everything sorted before we go. My boyfriend still has one year left in University, he is studying Structual/Civil engineering. He hasn't got much experience in the Engineering profession, do you think this is a big disadvantage or do you think he will manage to get a good job in Dubai with just some background experience. Also, can you tell me what the cost of every day living in Dubai is for example food, entertainment, travel etc. Do you know where the cheapest place to rent is, as we are planning on renting for a few months and then looking into buying an Apartment.

All thoughts are much appreciated.

thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The cost of living in Dubai

I reckon he'd be best getting a year or 2 under his belt working offshore in the North Sea first, with his degree, he'll get a job easily as the sector is crying out for engineers. Far easier to get a job in Dubai with some experience on his CV.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The cost of living in Dubai

Irish

You're better off asking on www.dubaiforums.com

3. Re: The cost of living in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 07, 2009