We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one Day

Busselton WA
6 posts
Save Topic
Only one Day

Having a stopover in Dubai for one day and night, with Emirates stopover specials. Myself and my Husband and our 17 Year old Daughter, where should we stay which aerea, and which hotel has nice Swimmingpool etc, also what would you recommend to see , ifyou have only one Day. thank you olivia

Dubai
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one Day

Would depend on your budget for accommodation but there is a proliferation to choose from if you are looking for a good pool/beach.

One place I would recommend a visit, regardless of where you stay is the Madinat Jumeirah (Jumeirah Town). Retaurants, bars, canals, soukish style shopping (with AC!). Ten dollars in Taxi to get there from pretty much anywere. Its also close to the Burj Al Arab Hotel so great for picture opportunities!

Mall of the Emirates also good if you are looking for shopping.

If you let me have a budget in USD I can make some recommendations for hotels.

Busselton WA
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one Day

Thank you , we will book with Emirates a Stopover Special.

We like to stay in a Room with our Daughter, i checked out so many hotel, how about the Al Murooj Rotana Hotel? orRegent Beach Resort Hotel. Thanks Olivia

Dubai
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only one Day

Al Murooj is a nice modern hotel right in the middle of the City. Good location and a good chain.

The Burj Dubai (tallest in the world) is being constructed nearby but most hotels have something going on nearby at the moment.

Good choice. Great pool too!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,794 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only one Day

Regent Beach is a bit tired looking and no where near as plush as the Al Murooj Rotana.

Try the Al Bustan Rotana and Le Meridien near the airport. They are downtown and if you just want to chill by the pool and see a bit of the old city then they're great.

5. Re: Only one Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 04, 2009