We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Mirage

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Mirage

Going to Royal Mirage in 5 weeks, cannot wait. We are so in need of a holiday. Just getting a bit worried about the building work that is going on. Some people say it shouldn't really affect you, others say it does? Just wondered if anyone has stayed at Royal Mirage(Arabian Court) very recently who can give me an honest update on the nearby building work. Much appreciated. Cheers!

Dubai
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Mirage

Hi,

The Royal Mirage is away from the bulk of the building work....I haven't stayed there, but I ate outside there recently, and didn't notice a thing. It's a really beautiful hotel - one of my all-time favourites here, and I've heard nothing to suggest that there are any problems at all in terms of the work.

I hope you have a lovely time!

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Mirage

hi the palm construction starts at the royal mirage hotel and on the road side they are buiding the jumeirah residence flats- so yes there is a lot of construction around that area. I have spoken to a friend that has stayed at that hotel in the last month and they did not feel it affected them at all. It is a beautiful hotel and i am sure u will not be dissapointed. If you want no construction issues at all check in to the neighbouring madinat jumeirah- al qasar, mina a salam, or dar al masayf villas- they are definitely not affected by construction.

SNP
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Mirage

Hi again Maryjo

I have just come back from there (stayed at Royal Mirage). No doubt about it, there is a lot of construction work and you can see it all from the beach. However, around the pool and obviously the hotel grounds, you wouldn't realise what was going on. It won't spoil your holiday.

london
Level Contributor
477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Mirage

Hi SNP. I saw from one of your other posts that you weren't that impressed with the rooms at The Royal Mirage. We are looking to book there for November and as we are staying in Le Touessrok in Mauritius we thought we would stay with the same chain! Are the rooms dirty or small because our other choice is Al Qasr but we don't want to be surrounded by children. Any comments much appreciated.

SNP
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Mirage

hi larasboyz

don't be too put off by my comments. i stayed at one & only saint geran in mauritius as well and thought along the same lines as you, ie. royal mirage should be stunning too. believe me, it is a stunning hotel but i found the rooms to be fairly small and dull looking with a very small balcony. all very clean and a nice bathroom and shower. it could just be me ... i have been to dubai a number of times before and expected a bit more than this for a 5* hotel in luxurious dubai. i cant comment on al qasr unfortunatley as i haven't stayed there, although we did go for dinner. enormous hotel - doubt it would be a relaxing holiday there. royal mirage is good for that. not many kids and fairly quiet.

i hope you enjoy your hols.