We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

…photobucket.com/albums/…

united kingdom
Level Contributor
459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

At the risk of sounding boring, what type of camera do you have? The pics in the Burj are some of the best i've seen on this forum.

Keep it coming!!

Did you have any trouble getting an Abra ride at Madinat? some people have written that you have to be a hotel guest to use the Abra's but this is something I would quite like to do when we go for our meal at Pisces.

J

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
335 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Janey,

We went to the Souk Madinat one afternoon and you are correct that the abras are for the hotels guests only, they have a big sign up telling you this at every abra station. I asked to go on it but was told (politely) no as I was not a guest. I looked disappointedly and 5 minutes later was told we could go on as it was quiet. The abra driver then took us on a detailed guided tour of the whole complex which was lovely (although seriously hot down there)

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Hantspurr is right you are supposed to be a guest to use the abras in the Madinat. However ive only ever been a guest for one week and have used them on numerous occasions, basically dont ask just get on and tell them where about you want to go.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Thanks Hantspur, Sounds like i'll chance it then, flutter the old eyelashes or something!!

Maybe if I mention it to the staff whilst we are having our meal they might be able to arrange something.

We are also doing brunch at Al Qasr and then Burj in the evening but I don't want to get too hot & sticky in my best frock during the day!

thanks

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Hi would you get away with saying that you had arrived that day and would like to go all the way around to acustom yourself with the complex?? Thanks

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

We went down there after Afternoon Tea at the Burj...the concierge at the Burj organised a buggy down to the Madinat then we just jumped on the Abra...no questions asked....

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Janeymates

Mrs S was of similar trait...the frizz sticky factor is extremely high...taxi direct to venue is recommended

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

Seamermate

these are the best photos i have ever seen for Dubai on TA, infact best photos ever.

The Burj ones are brilliant as shows people what it really is like.

Your clearly very good at taking photos.

9. Re: Burj and Mina A'Salam pics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 02, 2009