We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Hi we have a stop over in abu dhabi on our way to Australia for 2 nights in december...where would u recommend staying abu dhabi or dubai?? and which hotel....tanx

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Dubai. It's about an hour drive from Abu Dhabi and there is a lot more to do. Abu Dhabi is okay... but Dubai is better equipped for tourists. What's your price range? I suggest the Jumeirah Emirates Towers to anyone.... it's on Sheikh Zayed Road, great shopping in The Boulevard or fairly close at Mall of the Emirates. Not cheap though... The Sofitel by DXB airport is reasonably priced though.... Everything is cheaper in the summer... it's a humid inferno. Apart from that, have fun!

ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

thanks for that...is it better to stay in city centre or beach???

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

In the summer? I'd say stay on Sheikh Zayed Rd. in the City Centre. You will not spend much time on the beach. It is too hot.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,472 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Just thought I clear up the fact that whilst December may be summer in Austrailia it's not summer in Dubai.

That may be confusing

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Cuz its such a short stop over why not do one night in each to get a flavour for future visits

London
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

Thats a good idea except i dont think 1 night in each city in the midst of travelling to australia would be too good, bit too much hasstle for my liking, id spend 2 nights in dubai and in 1 of the hotels on sheik zayed road is ideal because its right in the middle of everything, short drives to bur dubai, deira, the malls and also jumeirah beach area, look at the fairmont, emirates towers or Shangri-la for top hotels

7. Re: abu dhabi or dubai for 2 nights?? which and where??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 02, 2009