We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
8 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

We're first time visitors to Dubai from Australia on the way to the UK I've read some conflicting views on the Sheraton Dubai Creek.

Can anyone help?

Also are there any pearl traders in Dubai worth seeing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

HI,

Sheraton Creek is in a great location and only 1 of a few hotels located on the creek front. The hotel went under for refurb a few years back and the rooms came out pretty ok I must say. They used to have bars on the balcony!!!

You are in the heart of the city and the traffic in that aera can be a nightmare, but it is a great base for exploring. Deira City Centre mall is just down the road in 1 direction and the Gold Souk is the other. This is where you can go for pearls, hwoever most of them are cultured pearls from Japan nowadays.

They have a few nice little restaurants inside too, great Italian and a good Indian... I don' t think you will be disappointed.

Jamester.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
8 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

Thanks for your post Jamester, we bought pearls in Bangkok last year for an unbelievable price, actually cheaper than a hamburger for a string of black pearls so I don't think we can do any better than that. Thanks for the food tips as well

Burleigh BT

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

BurleighBT,

Sheraton Duabi Creek is an excellent lovely hotel. We stayed there 2 weeks ago for 7 nights. We were upgraded to a creek view room with a lovely view.

It's a on the main road right by the creek, the swimming pool is very nice with plenty of sunbeds. The staff are excellent, very attentive, good customer service skills, nothing is too much for them.

The restaurants are absoultely divine so is the room service. U must go to Ashiana's indian restaurant there or even Vivaldi's the Italian restaurant. There is also an English themed pub called Chelseas with a real British pub atmosphere!

The rooms are big with ceiling to floor windows, a sitting area, a very small balcony that u can just about stand on.

Personally I would say you will enjoy it at The Sheraton Dubai Creek and the gold souk is just down the road by taxi so are the many shopping malls around.

Hope you do end up staying at The Sheraton Dubai Creek - it's alot nicer than people have said! Judge for yourself. Let me know how u get on.

Goodluck xx

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
8 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

Hi Tweet,

Thanks for the information. We are booked into the Sheraton Dubai Creek, I listened to some of the forum people. It is really a helpful site. We usually stopover in Bangkok to the UK but this will be a nice change. I'll post after our short stay.

preston
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

my husband and i recently stayeed in sheraton dubai creek on our honeymoon. Creek view rooms worth paying extra for: views are magnificent plus you have the bonus of the towers longue which has a happy hour from 6pm to 8pm where there are complimentary drinks and canapes. It is worth a look!

6. Re: Sheraton Dubai Creek & Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 05, 2009