We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel out of the bunch!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best hotel out of the bunch!

Narrowed down hotels to Le Meridien Dubai, Dhow Palace, Al Bustan Rotana and Al Murooj Rotana....can anyone please tell me which would be the better choice...I don't care so much about location, standard/facilities is more important. Many hotels I've stayed at before have been a bit tired looking even though they are supposedly 5 star.

ANy thoughts would be recommended.

Foxton, New Zealand
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

Depends on what you want, meals in the Hotel

We are staying in one that does not have a Restaurant that is by choice, we rather eat out,

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

Hi,

Al Bustan and Le Meriden are both on the Deira side of the creek quite close to the airport. They are slightly older hotels but that is quite young in hotel years in Dubai! Al Bustan has nice pool terrace area, good gym and about 5-6 restaurants. Le Meridien has at least 2 pools, ample faciltiies and a plethora of restaurants. Actually they are neighbours so you can go between the 2. Both have great all you can eat/drink promos.

Not sure which still has beach access though. Le Meridien may give you access through one of their sister properties on the beach. Al Bustan may take you to the public beach... someone correct me!!

Al Marooj is a huge complex just off of sheikh Zayed road and right opposite the site of the Burj Dubai. Impressive pool layout and good selection of inhouse and external restaurants. Dhow Palace is in the Golden Sands area however when I was living in Dubai it had only just opened so don't really know too much about it.

City hotels in Dubai tend to offer more F&B promotions as they tend to attract more residents for dinner than the beach hotels....

Good luck!!

Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

Probably will be spending some time at the hotel to chill out and maybe eating there as well....can anyone please help me choose one?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

Go for Le Meridien, I think it has a great selection of outlets

From recollection: Australian, Japanese, Seafood, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, Thai, International, steakhouse, french, irish and arabic!!! There is also 2 lively bars in Le Meridien Village and 1 in the main hotel.

have a good fitness centre and 3 pools...

starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/…

The only thing I would double check is the beach access but I do think they have it with Le Meridien Mina Seyahi.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

I would second le meridien out of the those you mentioned as it does have the most bars and restaurants by far of the hotels you listed.

You can use the Mina Sehyai for the beach facilities.

Although I really like the bustan as ive been going there for years as my family live near by. Staff at the pool/gym are fantastic.

Would def rule out Dhow palace IMO pretty crap, also Murooj has only one small swiming pool for guests, the huge pools are for residents only.

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

have stayed at the Bustan twice, great hotel, does have a beach hotel bus, great deals esp in the Italian restaurant, highly recommended!

7. Re: best hotel out of the bunch!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 30, 2009