We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's unbearably hot in Dubai around the last week of June? My boyfriend and I really want to go to a place where we're not going to have a heat stroke lol. We also are looking for a destination (thought about Seychelles, Tenerife, Mauritius too) that's luxurious, relaxing, good shopping as well as nightlife. Dubai sounds like the best pick, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the pros/cons? Was also looking at the Mina A' Salam hotel and the Al Qasr.. which is better??

Many thanks,

Gab

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

Hi Gabriella

The answer to your question regarding the heat in late June is YES VERY HOT!!!! Probably in the 40s and very very humid to go along with it! You can keep cool by travelling everywhere by taxi and jumpng in and out of the pool to cool off but if you are not great in the heat you may find it unbearable. No one walks about in Dubai because of the heat and the distance from one place to another. If you like to go shopping then I would say you will love Dubai but if you are looking for a beach holiday I wouldn't be too sure!

As far as hotels go I think Al Qasr is the better of the two, some on here have stayed there and will be able to advise you.

hope you get your arrangements sorted out.

We are off to Dubai next Sunday 13th and the temps are already well into 30s. Oh Dear!!!!! Will just have to shop!

Molly

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

ahaha oh well will have to shop too! Thanks for the advice. Is the nightime really hot as well? I was in Sharm el Sheik last year in April and good Lord, I was dying. I was tromping around in the sand by the Temple of Hetshceptsut (sp?) in Luxor with these bright blue tennis shoes on that were 2 sizes too small b/c it was all I could find and forgot to bring mine! Needless to say, I was about to pass out, it was 46 degrees and that's supposed to be dry heat... hmmm couldn't tell.

Ibstock, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

Ohh dear!! :-)

hot, hot & humid!! i have heard a record summer is also forecast.

seriously, factor 40 and constant dips in the pool will suffice, and if travelling around you will go from aircon to aircon, so not normally a problem, just do not try to walk anywhere!!

for things to do www.timeoutdubai.com is great for ideas.

choice of hotels is a moot point as nearly all are opulent, and either you mention is awesome.

as a 'local' we like the Mina Seyahi & Jumeriah beach hotel as they are not too 'upmarket' but on holiday i agree you want the best you can get.

dining out is the most amazing thing you will do, so do not book half or full board!!

too many too mention but 360 bar, trilogy & Jambase are great for a night out as is the madinat Jumeirah (jambase & trilogy here)

too many restaurants to mention but time out will help!

ENJOY!!

4. Re: Help! Vacation destination dilemma!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 31, 2009