We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burj Khalifa timing

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Burj Khalifa timing

Hi guys,

Was wondering about going up the Burj Khalifa. I see on their website they have slots throughout the day, but between 3:30pm and 6:30pm there are no slots - does anyone know why this is?

Lastly, if you go up at say 6:30pm how long could you expect to stay up there- +- 2 hours? and does it take long to get down again (queues?) Sorry, just trying to plan an itenary and am a bit stuck!

I am going in July so I'm not sure if I go at 6:30pm it will be completely dark by time I get to the top?

Edited: 2:59 pm, June 11, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
61,411 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

Probably sold out on your dates as it’s the sunset slots.

Have a look at At.mosphere for drinks - nicer experience in my opinion. A little more expensive and no outside but you’ll get the vibe with a G+T in your hand...

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,248 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

There is not much to do at the top, I've been up 5 times, generally spend about 20 mins looking at the views & taking pictures before going back down again

Not sure what you plan or think you might do for over 2 hours up there ? :)

I only go up in the morning/early afternoon, to avoid the horrendous queues I hear form later on

You need to check a website to see what time it gets dark in Dubai in July, a quick google search will soon find you one with sunset times.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

Hi there,

Thanks yes I wondering about the two hours as many websites say the queues take up to two hours - thats why I was wondering if I should factor in that amount of time or if it's just an exaggeration. The sun sets at 7:10pm in July so my concern was if I go at 6:30pm I probably won't get up to the top in time..

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

You won’t.

You are looking at the time the sun sets - that means the time the sun has set.

It you want to see it setting then you’d need 5.30 or 6pm at push

I’m with Sean I’d pay the extra to go to At.Mosphere where there will be no queue, you will have a seat and you get food and drinks.

I would not go for a sunset time at BK if it was free. Ages in queue, people 11 deep at the west facing windows, nowhere to sit and then another queue to come down again.

Instead go earlier or go to At.Mosphere and watch the sunset from a bar on the beach or from the Observatory bar and restaurant on the 53rd floor of the Marriott Harbour hotel during their 2 for 1 drinks happy hour

Mentioned in this post
At.Mosphere
At.Mosphere
2,937 Reviews
Observatory Bar & Grill
Observatory Bar & Grill
1,078 Reviews
Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites
Dubai Marriott Harbour...
1,286 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,357 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

Never heard of queues of two hours. I believe this is an exaggeration! Expect around 30-45 min on average during peak hours. Less in the morning and after sunset. If you want to see the sunset at 7:10 pm i would book either 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Keep an eye for Groupon.ae which has offers on fast track tickets which skips the queues.

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burj Khalifa timing

Thanks all, appreciate the help :)

Reply to: Burj Khalifa timing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted