We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis next week

liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis next week

Hi everyone, first trip to Dubai next week with my 16 year old daughter, I have a few questions if anyone may be able to help?

Is taxi from airport best way to get to Atlantis?

Same from Atlantis to Dubai mall?

Is it best to change money here before I go?

Any Atlantis tips would be appreciated too, many thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,542 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12 replies to this topic
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis next week

The standard, cream colored taxis at the airport are the most economical option. They are strictly metered, reliable, safe and available 24/7. The trip to the Atlantis will cost you around 100 AED.

I'd exchange money in Dubai, a little at the airport to cover taxi etc. and then exchange as you go in the city as the rates are slightly better than at the airport.

The most efficient way to get to Dubai Mall is via taxi, although you could take Atlantis free shuttle to Mall of the Emirates and take the metro to Dubai Mall from there.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,542 Reviews
Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates
4,157 Reviews
liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis next week

Great advice! Thankyou

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis next week

Depending how long you're going to Atlantis for, it's wise to be frugal on the old casual spending. The odd bottle of water here, the cake there, sometimes really add up. Consider stopping at a petrol station/supermarket on the way in and stash up the fridge in the room. You can always ask for the minibar to be emptied beforehand.

You literally are a captive market there, and the prices can be steep. Check out Zomato and the offers sites such as Entertainer to find the deals, and also look at social media. Investing a little in two for one deals can pay dividends, and there's some decent restaurants such as Seafire, Saffron, Yuan that you can leverage value back from.

Also, try to speak to hotel directly to get the maximum value out of any upsells, as they usually have a plethora of deals available (some they don't advertise or announce). Depending on your booking conditions, I'd be tempted to ask "are there any upsellf offers you can entice me with?" as they may be able to offer some 'throw ins'.

It's also worth considering investing a little more with them (if you are booked direct) either as an upsell, an upgrade or a straightforward cheeky ask - such as a free transfer, late checkout etc. They're more amenable to direct bookings normally.

IF your booking offers free cancellation, this could be an opportunity to have last haggle with Atlantis and ask them what they can do you to cancel your existing booking (if it's with a third party/OTA) and rebook direct with them. They offer a Best Rate Guarantee and every hotel is struggling in Dubai, so will always look for more revenue. No money, no honey......

Edited: 1:31 pm, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Seafire Steakhouse
Seafire Steakhouse
1,377 Reviews
Saffron
Saffron
2,332 Reviews
Yuan
Yuan
537 Reviews
Dubai
Dubai
liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis next week

Fab!! Thankyou!

Nizwa, Oman
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis next week

Shaun, your advice is always helpful and detailed. Thanks. I looked on Zomato but doesnt seem to offer any deals. Also can you direct me more specifically to the sites or whatever to get discounts or 2 for 1 at the hotel?

Is that Entertainer a booklet you referred to and if so where can I get it? I am struggling with getting room only there or the upgrade with breakfast and club access. That still leaves dinner though. Would appreciate your advice.

Biggin Hill, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis next week

The Entertainer is an App these days - download it from your App Store

Devon
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis next week

I wasn't a great fan of Atlantis when i stayed there, but it is a lovely hotel and it may be right up your street. The things I found to make the stay better were, avoid the crowds. Get top breakfast and dinner early. By early I mean before 08.00 for breakfast and no later than 7pm for dinner otherwise you may be queuing. Go to Aquaventure at 09.45 before the park opens to the public and you get the pick of the chairs and no waiting for towels. Lastly if you want a cheap drink go to the monorail station, it's right next to Atlantis at one end, there used to be a canned drinks dispenser there for a few AED.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis next week

@Steven_6350 thanks for your kind words, always happy to help.

With Zomato, the best tips are to look at each the screen shots/pics of the menus, as often they list when the happy hours and promotions are. Sometimes the main listing for each venue may have a banner (or sidebar) showing promotions, although they can be a little haphazard to spot. It's not unusual for a venue to not show anything, but when you click on a different venue, a popup or pic may advertise a discount for the venue you just clicked away from.

Zomato often ties up with banks and credit cards, so sometimes they offer a 20% discount say for Visa transactions or similar. There is also Zomato Gold, which is a paid membership that then gives two for one drinks and dining deals.

Entertainer is generally the best all-round safe bet I'd recommend, and you can always check the app for free and see which venues/offers you may fancy before purchasing. Always check the main Entertainer page for the latest deals (often they bundle or discount a second app such as Cheers - the drinking one).

Finally, get an extra 10% discount off any Entertainer product worldwide with a voucher code such as EDSD2018.

Here's a thread with some links to voucher codes, discount sites etc. for Dubai. Worth spending a little time perusing through, and always check the small print

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295…

As for Atlantis, have you checked the Atlantis Special Offers page? Usually there are some decent deals there, or perhaps just call them and see what they can do for you. Often they do have a bewlldering choice, and as Atlantis gets busy with group bookings it can be a challenge to get through to negotiate a one to one deal, but have faith 👍

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
liverpool
Level Contributor
32 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis next week

All advice much appreciated! Good job I went through all of my documents today though, actually flying in to Abu Dhabi, then getting the Etihad shuttle to the Dubai ey mall bus station, had a quick look, and it’s closer than the airport, which will be great for a short cab ride, does anyone know if there are shops there to grab a few drinks and nibbles to take to hotel, or would I be best getting them here and putting in suitcase? Just thinking maybe a few soft drinks, bottle of wine, crisps etc?

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis next week

@Amanda - can buy at airport, but it's perhaps easier to just ask the taxi driver to stop at a petrol station or small supermarket along the way. Either along the trunk road to palm, or on the mainland before the big roundabout.

It may be worth checking with the schedule, but I think the Etihad Coach used to stop at Marina Mall at one time. If you've time and energy, you could nip into Spinneys (a Waitrose clone) and get some British-type treats there...

For the wine - Duty Free is your friend; you won't be able to buy alcohol as a tourist for 'selling out'

Edited: 4:58 pm, June 12, 2018
Reply to: Atlantis next week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;