We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Hi All,

So i didnt realise that a lot of places are either closed or will be closing for 'maintenance' during the 'english' summer period. I will be going Tuesday - Sunday with my partner and we are staying at the Madinat. I wanted to go to Shimmers for lunch there but its closed.

Please can you recommend some nice bars & beach clubs to go to for drinks and day time - I was thinking of visiting some of the following:

The Penthouse at Five Palm, At.Mosphere, Zero Gravity, El Chiringuito, Drift Beach Club

The others which I believe are closed are Nasimi Beach, Blue Marlin, Drais>

Advice please :)

Mentioned in this post
Shimmers
Shimmers
756 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At.Mosphere
At.Mosphere
2,935 Reviews
Zero Gravity
Zero Gravity
904 Reviews
El Chiringuito
El Chiringuito
129 Reviews
Nasimi Beach
Nasimi Beach
820 Reviews
21 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Generally most outdoor venues are closed in July and August because it is far too hot and humid for anyone to be there or work there- if you select something indoors such as At.Mosphere then it will still be open .

Beach clubs that have a pool will still tend to be open and at night you will want to be indoors.

Mentioned in this post
At.Mosphere
At.Mosphere
2,935 Reviews
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Thanks Latimer, I understand it is hot however I live in Auckland where humidity is 85 - 90% in the summer so i'm used to that.

Are there any nice bars you would recommend, i know you are a regular on the dubai posts :)

Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,330 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Check out Barasti beach in Meridien Mina Seyahi.

Bidi Bondi on the palm trunk

Club Vista Mare has nice bars on the beach (Tap House, Breeze and Ahi)

But as mentioned it will be very hot and humid

Edited: 3:18 am, June 07, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Barasti Beach Bar
Barasti Beach Bar
1,820 Reviews
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi...
2,524 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
418 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Hi

Would recommend Barasti and bidi bondi

However even these places are not fully beach since during summer months the outside seating is removed and they restrict themselves to an air conditioned area.

Expect the temperature to hit the high 40s during summer months and at night time the temperature will be in the 40s or in the 38deg C range.

Dubai
Level Contributor
286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

"...I live in Auckland where humidity is 85 - 90% in the summer"

I've only encountered humidity like that in Singapore. The humidity is nowhere near that here in Dubai. Nevertheless it is hot owing to high temperatures, and people don't sit outside much.

Barasti is very popular but it is not quite the same in summer months; certainly as regards the outdoor seating. It is sometimes more humid at night, but stays hot in any event, and it will be difficult to find outdoor venues.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
147 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Hi

The Drift beach club will be closing July and August for maintenance and building an extension.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Perhaps you haven't been to Auckland in January and February? This is the worst country i have been for humidity and i have traveled extensively, South East Asia, Philippines, Mexico, Vegas. I also googled the humidity in those countries at the time and this was the worst.. .My dehumidifier also gave me readings of 94% in the summer. I'm not worried about the heat, I lived in Australia for 2 years.

Thanks for all your recommendations, i will check them out and write a trip report when im back :)

Much appreciated.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,134 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Unfortunately whether you can stand the heat and humidity is irrelevant as outdoor venues close throughout the summer months

June isn't as bad as July/August for heat and humidity and you may well tolerate it as I don't find June that bad but outdoor terraces and beach clubs wind down regardless

Some places have their outdoor sections open for some of June but they'll be closing shortly and re-opening Sept

Most places you mention such as Barasti or Zero Gravity will still be open and quite busy but it'll be more geared towards indoors

Mentioned in this post
Zero Gravity
Zero Gravity
904 Reviews
Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

Hey sunlover

I feel your pain lol we are going in dubai jul 31 to aug 4 and i am really sad that shimmers is closed it looks like the best bar with a view of burj al arab

And i live in miami so hot and humid cant scare me ( and i realize its hotter and more humid in dubai of course but still ..)

I saw one bar called SUMMERSALT with outdoor seating and has a view of burj al arab but i cant seem to find out if its working during the summer months

If any of you guys that live in Dubai can advice please and thank you :))))

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
47,166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?

I think you’ll only be able to comment about whether or not the heat and humidity in Dubai will bother you when you’ve been !

They close the terraces for a reason. Some stay open and some have outside air conditioning units but it’s still not pleasant

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Reply to: Which Bars & Beach Clubs are open mid July?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted