We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Maha Dune Bashing

london
Level Contributor
477 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Al Maha Dune Bashing

Is the desert drive that is an included trip in the Al Maha activity list the same as a desert safari from Arabian Adventures? We want to do some dune bashing but not really bothered about the dinner afterwards. I don't know whether the Al Maha one is a sedate drive through the dunes or a proper rollercoaster ride. Does anyone know if I need to book a separate tour before we arrive there to experience the 4x4 drive? Thanks.

London England
Level Contributor
374 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Al Maha Dune Bashing

Hello

We went to Al Maha 6 years ago and my husband did the 4x4 dune driving. From what he said, it got a little "exciting". Personally once we arrived at Al Maha we didn't want to leave, so I wouldn't book an outside trip. It's paradise! Try the camel ride.

london
Level Contributor
477 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Al Maha Dune Bashing

Thanks Manhattanfan. Can you recommend a room number that we should ask for? I imagine that all rooms are fairly private, but is there a better area to stay or are they all good?

London England
Level Contributor
374 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Al Maha Dune Bashing

Hi

I cannot remember which room number we had but it was quite close to the main pool. On arrival I told them we wanted a particularly peaceful room, maybe you could do the same. Honestly though, it is a very calm and serene environment, I wish we were going.

ENJOY

4. Re: Al Maha Dune Bashing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 30, 2009