We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 41 sleeps to go

Newark, Notts
Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Only 41 sleeps to go

Hi All TA Messagers

Only 41 days to go now before myself, Hubbie and Frazer (13) go on our first trip to Dubai. Hubbie has never gone on anything other than a package before, but I have organised this trip via Expedia.

Staying at the Arabian Courtyard Hotel and have nearly every hour planned (just hope that we dont oversleep).

My brother lives in Dubai and I am letting Hubbie go out with brother one night (Brother knows some 'clubs').

Hubbie will have to pay though, cos he has got to buy me a ring. We have been married for 15 years and I have never had an engagement ring, so are planning to buy something there. Budget of £400 for a ring. I dont like solitaires or clusters, will I find something I like (sapphire, aquamaine, diamond etc).

Comments please.

Paula

UK
Level Contributor
255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

Sorry no jewellery advice - just gloating!!!

Only 53 sleeps to go for me!!!!

Cannot wait!!! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

37 sleeps for me :o)

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

Well seeing as we are all counting, it is 27 for me. I Think!!!!!!

Molly

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

And 31 for me

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

pkNewark

Get your hubby to take you to the Gold &Diamond Park to choose your ring.I did see sapphires and loads of diamond designs different to what we get in the UK. I think you will find something you like there. If not you could go to the Gold Souk for a look but it will be a lot hotter there. G&D Park is lovely to walk around as it has Air Con.

Enjoy

Molly xxx

Newark, Notts
Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

Hi Mooydon

Hey-he wont choose my ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

by the way, does anyone know if there are any skateshops in Dubai that sell things like inlines and clothes? 9that was from Fraz----13)

Paula (and Fraz)

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

You are so lucky..............................

107 sleeps for our family.

Have a great time and don't limit him to £400.

Tell him if he loved you then you should just choose the one you like most.....ha ha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

Staying at the Arabian Courtyard you are much closer to the Gold Soukh - it's just a short trip by Abra across the creek and a quick nip through the spice soukh.

The abra station is about 10 minutes stroll from the front door of the AC hotel and the doorman will point you in the right direction.

You will be sure to find something you like and make the most of wondering about and haggling hard to get the best possible price. You'll see loads of sapphires in all shades but you mat have to ask specifically to see aquamarine. Whatever you buy will be worth a least twice what you paid when you get home.

However, if you plan to visit the Mall of the Emirates - about 45 mins to one hour from you depending on time of day - then the Gold & Diamond park is next door to it and if you leave enough time you can do both.

The G&D park is open from 10am till 10 pm every day except Friday (4pm till 10pm) as is the Gold Soukh.

Have fun.

Can't help with the skaterboy question - too much of an old foggy - but as the mother of a 4 (soon to be 5) year old I guess I should ask you what they are in preparation to blow him away with his mother's knowledge of all things skaterboy.

Newark, Notts
Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

hi there Latimer

It was skate boards last month, and inline skates this month--dont know what next month yet. Guitars last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least he is not as bad as his older sisters who went from my little ponies to my real ponies (bank manager put paid to that one). Make the most of your 4 year old. Seriously though, will my son enjoy Dubai? We're going to Wild Wadi for a day (I suppose I will have to don a swimsuit), and a desert safari-and want to gfive him a snowboard lesson in Ski Dubai (he has has 2 snowboard lessons locally to prepare himself for this--he cant wait to tell his school pals that he had a snowboard lesson in Dubai).

Only 41 sleeps (have you read my scares on flying in the air travel forum-fantastic advice!!!!!)

Paula

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Only 41 sleeps to go

Yes your son will enjoy it there is lots to do. He will love Wild Wadi and the snowboarding.

There is a bowling alley and teenagers area at Mall of the Emirates too. Just ask for the Magic Planet. There is also a TGI Fridays up there for meals.