We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost/money question

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
115 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cost/money question

Apologies if this has been asked many times but would particularly like some advice from fellow aussies! My parents and sisters are off to Dubai in April for a 2 night stopover and so I am asking on their behalf.

In regards to cash - how much is advised to take over just to cover basics like taxis and cheap meals (no alcohol). They plan to use credit cards for shopping and tours but just wanted a rough idea of what would be recommended for the incidentals. They would prefer to take the cash rather than using ATMs once there (helps with the budgetting!).

Any suggestions is AED are also helpful thank you as can then convert - just find the euro and pound numbers all too confusing!!

Thanks so much.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost/money question

Firstly get them to take their money in AUD and change it when they get to Dubai as they will probably get a better rate. There is a money exchange place just next to duty free when they get through immigration and before they collect their bags.

How much their taxi will be will depend on where they are staying i.e. they'll need more money from taxis if they are a fair distance from the airport.

I would think that 700 dirham would more than cover it.

2. Re: Cost/money question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 27, 2009