We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/Lounge and a good view?

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Food/Lounge and a good view?

I am travelling with my family of 4 (all over the age of 18) and we are looking for a place to eat or just a lounge with a nice view (none of us drink though). We know Dubai food can be expensive, so a place that's more affordable might help as well. Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

***NOTE: 1 person is under the age of 21

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,980 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

Where will you be in Dubai ?

That will help us to suggest somewhere that doesn't involve a 50$ taxi ride to get there

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

That's the problem, haven't booked a hotel yet. Either will be near the airport or by the Burj Khalifa area for the hotel (yes I know they are both far from each other).

Perhaps suggestions for places near the Marina, Burj Khalifa, or Burj Al Arab would help since we will be in those areas visiting.

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,980 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

Not that far .... Burj Khalifa is only 20 minutes from the airport.

There are more than 3,000 places to eat in Dubai and several hundred have a good view so the list is quite long. Believe me that you won't have a problem finding a great place to eat with a nice view and a reasonable price.

Recommendations are sometimes pointless unless we have a specific area to go on as you'll no doubt wander about those areas and find something you like but for what it's worth

Festival City mall - only 10 minutes from the airport by taxi and has more than 20 cafes and restaurants with great views of the fire, water and light show every evening

Dubai Creek Yacht and Golf club - 10 minutes from the airport has several places with a great view, specifically Boardwalk, which is one of my favourites

Dubai Mall and Souk al Bahar close to Burj Khalifa - have between them more than 40 restaurants and cafes with great views of the evening fountain shows

Marina area - has more than 60 restaurants ranging in price from McDonalds to high end

Jumeirah Beach Walk - has more than 60 restaurants and cafes from Starbucks to high end.

Burj al Arab - has Mall of the Emirates 10 minutes away by taxi, which has several restaurants from where you get great views of the ski slope.

You don't say when you will be in Dubai so please note that several of my recommendations would be outdoors and that will be uncomfortable in JUne, July, August and September - during those months you will want to eat inside and if that's the case then my recommendations would change.

Maybe pop back when you know where you will be staying for more specific recommendations

Edited: 10:31 am, May 03, 2017
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

If you stay away from 5 star hotels and fine dining then you can find some affordable restaurants. As Latimer mentioned it's hard to limit choices without knowing more details such as when are you visiting and where are you staying and some idea about budget. But keep in mind good view means more expensive.

Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

Thank you so much for the thorough answer! To narrow down what I'm looking for:

- Daytime views (so preferably of the Burj Al Arab or maybe even of the Burj Khalifa)

- A place that allows people under 21

- Mostly looking to take great photos and see great views

- Not crazy expensive!

- Will be going in July so yes indoor would be better

Thanks a bunch.

Here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,980 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

To all of the places I listed above include

Madinat Jumeirah - views from many vantage points of Burj al Arab and more than 30 places to eat.

Observatory Restaurant and bar in the marriott hotel on the marina - has great views of Palm Island and is indoors.

As above you will need to find a cafe or restaurant in the Dubai Mall, Souk al Bahar, Marina, Festival City with indoor seating and a terrace you can nip out to to take a quick picture before going back inside to the air con.

Cross off Boardwalk as that is outside.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

Boardwalk still has indoor seating but not as impressive as the terrace outside. However Casa de Tapas above Boardwalk has great views indoors and I would recommend it.

Mumbai, India
6 posts
9. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

Barasti is a good place...its part of Le Meridian and is located near Marina Dubai

10. Re: Food/Lounge and a good view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 07, 2018