We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

I'm travelling to Dubai with my wife from Delhi. My cousin also wants to join us for a 5 day trip to Dubai. I'm looking to book an apartment suite with two bedrooms in one of the reputed chain of hotels like Novotel, Hilton etc.

From the legal/sharia law perspective, can this be considered to be a crime if we share the same apartment although living in different rooms together ?

I'm a little freaked out by the horror stories I have read online about people put behind bars and got lashes due to this.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
963 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

Not a problem.

Issues do happen though where unrelated male and females share a room, and then something else goes wrong which causes LE to get involved. In that case, they can be punished for whatever got wrong (fights etc) along with being in close proximity with an unrelated person of the opposite gender, particularly if Muslim

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
977 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

Unless you plan on committing any crimes or being disorderly in public then this won't be a issue

Edited: 2:47 pm, February 12, 2017
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,888 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

There won't be any problems. Just don't get into trouble with the police in Dubai. Dubai has abolished judicial corporal punishment; nobody gets lashes for any crime. There is an awful lot of misinformation about Dubai online.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,411 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

Sharing a two bedroom apartment is not an issue. You can do it without worrying

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,006 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

There will no problems, as you are one family.

6. Re: Can a married couple along with husband's brother share room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2018