We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

I will be coming to Tripoli fr Aleppo. I was told that sightseeing in Tripoli wont be taking too much time. So, is it possible for me, once reaching Tripoli, I take a bus straight to Cedar Reserve, and back to Tripoli (and still hv time for sightseeing in Tripoli)? Is all this doable in one day (Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve - Tripoli)?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

From Al Tell square in Tripoli, there is shared taxi that go to Bcharee and possibly little bit more to the Cedar Nature Reserve. There is around five hours drive between Aleppo and Tripoli (without border crossing formality time), around half an hour drive between Tripoli and the Cedar Nature Reserve, an average of one hour is required to hike in the reserve. There is more difficulty to find a shared taxi from The Cedars and Bsharre to Tripoli than from Tripoli to Bshare and The Cedars.

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

Thx Gaby for the reply. Do u hv any idea how much is the cost for a shared taxi to the Cedars fr Tripoli?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

Hi Anita,

There is shared taxi that go from Al Tall square in Tripoli to Bcharre the driver may ask for 10 or 15 USD (15000 LBP - 22000 LBP).

If you want to go to the Cedar Nature Reserve in The Cedars which is some more 15 minutes drive from Bcharre, you have to tell the driver in Tripoli before departure, or take another taxi or shared taxi from Bcharre main square to the Cedar Nature Reserve.

From Bcharre to the Cedar Nature Reserve a shared taxi would ask for 2000 LBP or a taxi would ask for 5000 LBP.

Regards

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

>There is shared taxi that go from Al Tall square in Tripoli to Bcharre the driver may ask for 10 or 15 USD (15000 LBP - 22000 LBP).

Is that per person's price, or per taxi?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

That is per person price

6. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli - Cedar Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, January 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli