We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

Espoo, Finland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

My colleague and I will be traveling to Jeddah on business next month. We would appreciate any advise on transportation, clothing and what to see/do. We will stay at the Crowne Plaza. What is the area like? Are there any places to eat within walking distance? What about malls? Can two women walk safely in the streets if wearing abayas? Should the abayas be black? What about wearing a scarf? Can the hotel arrange safe airport transfer? What about entering the country without a male to greet us?

Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

Simple is that , ask the hotel to send their driver to you up ,and get the abaya as soon as you arrive or ask the hotel to arrange that , in Jeddah they have alot of malls and you can go and can do shopping freely , you will be alright as long as you go to good places in Jeddah .

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

I will be travelling to Jeddah this weekend(11th Nov) and will be there for 30-40 days. I need all your guidance for below query:-

1) Can anyone suggest good and economy hotel/service apartment near to Saudi City as I will be working for Saudi Airlines .

2) How to commute from office to hotel and hotel to office?

3) What are the things i need to take care as I heard it's very restrictive rules.

4) What are the place of interest so when I have holiday I can make a visit.

5) I will be alone so is it safe to live with a person who wants to share the expenses? ( Like taking 2 bedroom accomodation on share basis)

6) Any other information which you think is important please advise

Jeddah, Makkah...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

yes I wold like to help Mervi

add my facebook

Jeddah, Makkah...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

okay , your hotel is cear cornice and only you have macdonalds and shami near you

if you still in jeddah we can arrange a pick or tour please connact by face book or email

mhantash1234@yahoo.com

5. Re: Advice for two women traveling to Jeddah on business

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 27, 2012