We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeddah Airport to Medina

Which Jeddah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Selangor
4 posts
Save Topic
Jeddah Airport to Medina

We are 6adults planning to leave fr Medina frm Jeddah Airport. Whats the cost like, is the price fix or we need to bargain?

Thanks

almadinah
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

hi , if you want travel by plane the price is fix and if you want travel by lemo the price different is between 400 SR - 600 SR , but by SAPTCO the price is fix 60 SR per person .

naif

email and msn :

naif.rashed@windowslive.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
323 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

For six adults, you should take a limo, it will cost you between 400-600 Saudi Riyal, take the offcial Limo/Taxi not the unofficial one.

Since you are a group, I will advice you to take the Limo, because flying by Saudia in Jeddah-Madina route is no fun, I did it before.

You will have to negotiate the price, make sure you and the driver agree on the price before you board the car. There are few Malaysian/Indonesian workers in Jeddah airport, so any problem with language, you can ask for their help.

Also confirm that driver will drop you at the hotel. Do keep your hotel name in arabic with you so that you can ask for direction while in Madinah.

Selangor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

Thanks for the reply. Saptco bus is it at the airport or will need to go to jeddah?

Limo looks a better option but I'm not sure 1 Limo will be enough for 6 adults, any idea guys?

I was at Jeddah airport last January could not find where is the official limo, I came in frm Kuwait.

OKC
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

Salam my friend,

(1) There are 2 airports in Jeddah for travellers. Another 3rd one is for royal and diginatory. . If you come with Saudia airline, 99% you will be OK to fly from the same airport to Medina. If you come with MAS or other international airlines, you may need to go different airport which has domestic airline. It’s about 20 minute’s car ride.

(2) If you have Umrah visa, your Saudia airfare (Jeddah/Medina) would be not published fares. It will be much higher. Check with Saudia airline office in your country.

(3) When you arrived to any airport in Jeddah, there are many help workers who can direct you to official or local drivers with $$ tips. They will pick up your luggage and waited until you loaded in the van/car. Many drivers can speak some English. Negotiate your price before you took it. Driven time is around 5 to 6 hrs. Took big van which can easily fit 7 people with luggages.

Good luck and happy visit to holy land.

almadinah
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

hi , mhtoon ,

i would like to correct your information that you said : ( There are 2 airports in Jeddah for travellers. Another 3rd one is for royal and diginatory. .) but the correct that in JEDDAH only one airport ( king abd alaziz international airport ) i did not know who tell you that information . but i think you mean there is three terminals not airports , please be sure .

thank you .

NAIF

email and msn :

naif.rashed@windowslive.com

OKC
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

Salam ,,naif111..You are right..I should said 3 terminals instead of 3 airports. Every time I went to Saudi. I got confused with new constructions and extensions. When I looked at the IATA code they used the same JED.I do not know where the royal terminal is and sure they exsist. Thanks for the correction.

7. Re: Jeddah Airport to Medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2010