We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private car and driver

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
185 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Private car and driver

Can anyone recommend a private van and driver for a trip from Luang Prabang to vientaine ? And also how much would the charges be normally, in November? Thank you.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private car and driver

Hi Diane

I have a friend, Si Keopaseuth, who is able to organise a private air-conditioned van; here is his response to you (slightly edited for clarity). If you're interested, post back and I can put you in touch or email Si directly at sikeopaseart@yahoo.com

I know Si and his family very well, and he is a great guy, very reliable and helpful.

Best wishes for a lovely trip

Peter

Dear Diane,

It was nice to hear from you. This is a greeting to you from Mr. Si KEOPASEUTH in Luang Prabang.

I am able to organize for you a nice air-conditioned private van for your trip in Laos.

As I received your message you requesting for trip from Luang Prabang to Vientiane in one day? II you wish to make the trip in 1 day and it's a very long road (390km and 11 hours)

Price = $400 (US).

If you would prefer, it would also be possible to stop and stay 1 overnight in Vang Vieng and the trip will be 2D/1N to Vientiane.

Price = $450 not including accommodation.

Are you interested in any other trips in Laos?

My contact number is +856 20 55870725 or you can email me directly at sikeopaseart@yahoo.com

Thanking you in advance and I await your reply.

Best regards.

Mr. Si KEOPASEUTH

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
185 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private car and driver

Dear Peter Heron

Thank you very much for your assistance. I will discuss the matter with my hubby. Regards.

Oraison, France
Level Contributor
480 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private car and driver

waow .... for this price do not waste one or two days ... take a flight LPB VTE

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private car and driver

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether you've made arrangements, but the info above seems way too much. You can organise your own private transport when you're in LP - just ask around the many tour offices in town for a quote and go with the one you prefer. If you can, spend a night or 2 in VV on the way - it's stunning!

We did this trip and I've written about it on my blog, with photos : …blogspot.com.au/2011/10/laos-part-5-luang-p…

Hope this helps,

- K

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
185 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private car and driver

Thanks KGB. Your response to my queries certainly helps. We will do as advised. My hubby and I have been reading your wonderful JBR. Please keep writing about your travels. Thanks again

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private car and driver

I just did the trip from Luang Prabang, Phonsavan, Vientiane.....for $500 over a four day period, two overnights in Phonsavan and one day and a half of city touring in Vientiane. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AN 11 HOUR DAY OF DRIVING. You want to be off the road at night and I think it is far too much for the driver and focus. We bypassed Vang Vieng altogether, road a bit dicey in vicinity of hydropower development. I am afraid I cannot recommend My Lao Driver for the reason that he did not keep his word and we had issues in Vientiane with one of his drivers wanting more money. The car was good, the drivers safe, it was just Mr. Doungprachane's poor business practice and I don't know who got rooked in the end.

Shanghai, China
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private car and driver

Dear travelers

Could anyone give an update on the current average/reasonable price for hiring a private car with driver from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng? The hotel in Luang Prabang charges 200$ which seems a bit overpriced to me. We wil be traveling in February.

Many thanks and best regards

Alex

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
458 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private car and driver

$100 -120USD is the accepted rate for private transfer/driver to VTE. With the new road open the trip can be easily undertaken in 7 - 8 hours. As other posters have said wait until you get here and shop around for best price.

Shanghai, China
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private car and driver

Thanks a lot for this helpful information, John! I didn't know that there is a better road now.

The problem is that we do not have so much time in Luang Prabang and I would rather like to enjoy that time instead of discussing prices with agencies. So if anyone could recommend a reliable driver for a reasonable price that would be very helpful! Many thanks and happy traveling

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
458 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private car and driver

"Reliable Driver!" Ha Ha, good luck. I have been trying to find reliable and responsible drivers here for 4 years and whilst some of them will be fine for a while they ultimately let you down with the "don't care" attitude.