We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north or south itinerary

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
north or south itinerary

We are travelling to Laos and Cambodia in April with 4 kids. We have a week in Laos starting in LP. Right now the plan is to head down through VV to VTE before heading to Cambodia. Should we change directions and go North instead and fly out of LP to Cambodia? What will be miss out on and/or what will we gain? I'm sorry that we can't do it all. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: north or south itinerary

Well for a short visit I would include the following: Vientiane, Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang. As this is what you already plan to do, I would leave this for the first visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: north or south itinerary

what time in April are you planning on arriving in Luang Prabang. It is their new year celebrations and the kids will most likely love to join in some of the water throwing activities. Accom is usually at a premium during this period but we were there last April for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our time.

How long is your trip all together. Might be worth just concentrating on one country if time is limited.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: north or south itinerary

Thanks. Right now the plan is to be in LP for 3 nights, VV for 2 nights, and VTE for 2 nights (flying out of there). We'll hit the new year celebrations in VTE. I was just thinking whether it would be better to just focus on LP and the north instead if I can get a flight out of LP (might not be a possibility). We'll be spending an additional 11 days in Cambodia. I'm using a Discovery Airpass, so some of my travel is sort of dependent on the availability.

4. Re: north or south itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 10, 2014