We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early AM transportation to airport

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Early AM transportation to airport

My wife and I will be in Laos in late November/early December, and this likely will be the first of several questions I will be posting. First of all, I would like to thank the Laos TA regulars (Rufus, Bluecramp, Maneki, etc.) and others for past postings---these have been incredibly helpful for making plans.

This is my question. We are thinking of taking a 7:30AM LPQ-BKK Lao Airlines flight. Lao recommends being at the airport 2 hours early. Even assuming there is some leeway here, we will need to get transportation around 5-5:30AM or so. Is this easily done, or do we need to make special arrangements the day before?

Edited: 12:01 am, September 21, 2012
Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

Check in 1 hour before is plenty.

You can book a yellow taxi the night before - $10 to the airport. A taxi no. is 020 5528 1300 - or you can ask your hotel to book one for you.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
446 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

We have our guests for that flight always picked up between 6.15 - 6.30am. It is maximum of 15 minutes to airport and hardly ever a queue to check in. If you go 2 hours before as you have been advised you will be the only ones there!

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

Agree that one hour is plenty of time.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

Yes, definitely don't get there earlier than an hour before

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

airport not that big so one hour would be fine. There is a little cafe across the street and sure it will be open at that time.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

Thanks everyone for this information. I was mainly concerned about getting to the airport in the early AM, but it doesn't sound like this will be a problem if arrangements are made. I will have other questions as I move forward in my planning, which I will do as new posts.

7. Re: Early AM transportation to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 12, 2013