We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

Hi fellow travelers, I require your expert advice please

I am arriving in Luang Prabang in few days and I need to stay somewhere where there is reliable wifi I can use in my room. Can you recommend such a place?

Unfortunately I have to take "work" traveling with me, it's a pain but it beats being stuck in Perth.

I don't care about aircon, hot water etc, just wifi.

Thanks so much :))

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

The budget places without aircon do not normally have wireless, but most of the places $30-40 and up do. Also many of the cafes along Sisavangvong, the main road of the peninsula old town area, do.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

we stayed at my dream resort and sometimes there was wifi in our room but other times I just wandered down to the lovely open air lounge/restaurant area overlooking the pool and wifi connection was fine.

singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

Try " Mekong Sunset Guesthouse and Restaurant".

It has very strong internet connection. The feel of the place is very charming, rustic feel, clean and very accessible everywhere. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included, taken at a clean nice cafe just down the street. We paid US$60 for a big double with balcony.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
343 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

Do they have internet cafes in town? hate to carry my laptop

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,752 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

Yes I'd also like to know if there are internet cafes in town. It's been some time since we've been to LP and they were available then but of course things change so quickly everywhere in asia.

6. Re: Recommendations pls, guest house with reliable wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2013