We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

Hello fellow travellers!!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene by private car or minibus? I don't want to fly, nor take a bus or train, and I figure as I am going to drive or be driven maybe I should just do some sort of tour on the way even though I hear LP is very easy to navigate...does anyone have any suggestions? Often my travel experiences have been most successful based on recommendations from others....ps I am a solo female traveller..hence the slight angst....Thanks!

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,476 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

Thanks Maneki, as usual you are a fantastic help....

I will have a look around for a nice guesthouse. Should be relative clean, and it would be good to find one where I can meet fellow travellers to have some company (while I love my company even I get boring just hanging out with me...)

Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

Thanks for the recommendation and for posting your pics on the web Maneki. I just wanted to make sure the whole area was not overrun with youngies tearing around the place.....but if you can stay there and easily avoid them, then that would solve that problem.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

Really, it's a lovely little town, some great places to eat, and the caves are really cool to explore.

14. Re: Best way to get from Luang Prabang to Vientiene, not flying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, June 21, 2013