We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to volunteer a few hours

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to volunteer a few hours

My partner and I are going to be in LP for 5 days in Feb and I suspect we'll have some free time. Instead of spending all of that time sightseeing, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to volunteer time (and donate some $). FYI: He's a musician and I am a writer...

Casper WY
Level Contributor
131 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to volunteer a few hours

Check out www.stay-another-day.org. If you enter volunteering and Luang Prabang, you will find a number of options that might appeal. Maybe Big Brother Mouse for the writer or the Children's Cultural Center for the musician.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to volunteer a few hours

If you've only got a few hours, donate money to the Big Brother Mouse organization. If you have longer than that, you could buy books and distribute them to schools in the area (best to contact schools beforehand to see what is needed). Here is the link to Big Brother Mouse http://www.bigbrothermouse.com/

3. Re: Best place to volunteer a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 17, 2009