We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Travel

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Air Travel

What should I expect to pay for a one way ticket from Luang Probang to Bangkok non stop in January...in US Dollars. What airline gives us the best price out of Luang Probang...Lao Airlines, Bangkok Air...????????

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Travel

i did send a message to Lao Airlines for one way ticket from Luang prabang to Bangkok in March.

At the website they show 114 USD per person but when they answered my mail they said it's actually 398 USD for 2 persons!

i didn't check Bangkok Airways coz i don't like its flight time. better way to get cheaper rate is to contact the local agent as i have to book accoms with them too

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Travel

You probably didn't tip them enough.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Travel

i won't tip. i have an idea to keep it and treat you a pint of beer while i am staying at Vientiane

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Travel

I won't say "no" to that.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Travel

that's your reward for such helpful advice

basejump
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Travel

be aware there are different fare classes and that taxes/fuel surcharges would not have been included in your intial quote

7. Re: Air Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 03, 2009