We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced local tour company which does Indochina tours? Will it be cheaper to book separate tours in each country or as a package with one company? What's the best way to get from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang? We are hoping to follow the itinerary below. Thanks.

Day 1 /Phnom Penh

Day 2 /Phnom Penh – Siem Reap

Day 3 / Siem Reap

Day 4 / Siem Reap – Luang Prabang

Day 5 /Luang Prabang - Pak Ou Caves

Day 8 / Hanoi – Halong Bay

Day 9 / Halong – Hanoi

Day 10 / Ha Noi - Saigon

Day 11 / Saigon – Mekong

Day 12 / Saigon

Day 13/Saigon

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

Do you realize that by adding in your travel time you will only be allowing yourself a day or so in each place??? I suggest omitting one country altogether, otherwise it will end up costing you a great deal of money and you will be so busy schlepping around that you won't have time to really see anything.

Mudgee, Australia
Destination Expert
for Mudgee
Level Contributor
213 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

I agree. You will see more of bus stations or railway stations or airports than the countries you are visiting. Having visited 2 out of the 3 countries and just about to set off to Laos do yourself a favour and take a bit more time to look around . You can always visit the other country a later date.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

Have only visited Hanoi so far from those on your list ( visiting Cambodia and Laos shortly

But must agree that your timeframe seems far too short.

I had an absoluteley magical time on Ha Long bay sleeping overnight on the boat and watching sunrise over the the bay... one of the most magical of experiences and to be recommended.

Reuben

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

I have been to all of those countries, (Cambodia and Laos several times over) and spent at least 2 weeks in each country. As an American citizen, it is quite costy to get visas for those places (Vietnam around $80, Laos $35, Cambo. $20), plus the Angkor Wat entance fee (I opt for the $40, 3-day pass) and the swell $25 departure fee you pay at the airport when flying out of Cambodia. Personally, I would feel I hadn't gotten my moneysworth by just spending a few days in each place! :-)

Chicago
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

I have to ditto the others. I spent 3 days in Phnom Penh and four in Siem Reap and STILL felt rushed. I think you will have a better experience if you spend more time in fewer locations.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I will arrange to spend more time in each country.

7. Re: Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam 13 days tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, October 10, 2009