We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

I know it is high season, but we have only just been able to confirm our trip, and cannot find accomodation. Any suggestions as to what we might find in LP, or perhaps an alternate destination (not Vientiane)? We are coming from Hanoi. Any help is much appreciated.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

would recommend checking out www.luang-prabang-hotels.com

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

You could try contacting a hotel directly and asking if they are booked do they know of any that aren't. I had the same problem a couple of years ago - think it was sala luang prabang i contacted and they said they were booked up but told me that satri house was available.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

For anyone stressing about this I am here right now and there are plenty of places with rooms available. I think the ones in the guide books are quite booked up but there are heaps of places that are unlisted, good and available.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

Hi - even if the hotels and guest houses near the 2 rivers (main tourist area) are booked up, there are dozens of nice hotels just 5-10 minutes stroll further away from the river - the road up to and beyond Dala market and those off from this road in particular. You will see Dala market on any LP map. I usually stay about 1km from the river as you get much more value for money here too.

5. Re: Availability in Luang Prabang Nov 5-10 - everything booked?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 10, 2009