We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sayo Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Sayo Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

Hi there,

I'm planning a 6-day trip to Luang Prabang in March and based on reviews on this site am probably going to stay at Sayo Guesthouse. But can anyone recommend which of Sayo's two venues (river view or Xieng Mouane) is better? Also, is it worth paying the extra $10-20 a night for a larger upstairs room? It's just me and my partner travelling together but we'd pay the difference if the rooms were a lot nicer! Thanks in advance!!

Port Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sayo Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

I just booked the downstairs room with view of the temple for 35$US a night for Feb 17 to 23rd 2008 at the Xieng Mouane. It's appeal is the architecture and the location. I didn't care for the "look" of the river view place. It is an old house with high ceilings and the standard room is 30m square.

The management replied promptly to my emails.

I used Lonely Planet as one of my resources and www.smarttravelasia.com

Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sayo Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

Thanks for the response - you'll have to let me know how it goes when you've been!

3. Re: Sayo Guesthouse in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 16, 2009