We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking accommodation in Luang Prabang

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Booking accommodation in Luang Prabang

I have just returned from an 6 day holiday in Luang Prabang. The holiday was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

One mistake I did make was panicking over accommodation. My first choice on the internet was full and I ended up eventually having to accept 8th choice. I ended up in a nice enough hotel but it was a mile out of town and it did not have th character and charm of the in-town hotels.

What I should have done was book my first night on line and then toured the town on my second day and checked in to a guest house of my choice. There is so much accommodation in Luang Prabang but not much of it on line. The locals also advised me that this is what I should have done.

Luang Prabang is beautiful as are its people. A joy to be experienced before it changes..... which it will. Whether you simply want to chill out or have an activity holiday, the choice is yours and all the options are there!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
459 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking accommodation in Luang Prabang

Many thanks for your advice OrientalKyoko. As we will only have 3 nights in LP, I am hoping to get accomodation sorted before we leave to save time looking for one when we get there. I have emailed 3 places so far but only one responded, Nam Sok guesthouse, always very prompt with their emails. I will appreciate your comments if it is one of the property you have checked out when in LP. I have come across only a couple of reviews so far, sound ok. They have quoted me $15 for a family room.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking accommodation in Luang Prabang

The hotel I wanted to book into in Luang Prabang which was full was the Sala Prabang. I checked it out whilst I was there and it would have been an excellent choice - great position and right next to the mekong River in the prettiest part of town but close to the amenities. A boutique style of hotel which is my favourite style of accommodation