We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Which Mandalay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

we like to visit Myanmar (Yangon, Mandalay and Bagan) this December. Like to get some advise as to how many days (we have seven days), what is MUST see and can we get a taxi for hire at these locations more specifically for Bagan and Mandalay? What will be the cost? Is there a approved list of guides by Myanmar tourism dept? Thanks in advance for your info and replies.

Yangon (Rangoon...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

In Yangon, you should see and visit the Yangon’s colonial-style city center, SULE PAGODA and BOGYOKE AUNG SAN (SCOTTS) MARKET a compound of hundreds of food, garment, handicraft and gem stores. And also visit to Chaukhtat Gyi Pagoda. Complete your day with a visit to SHWEDAGON PAGODA.

In Mandalay, visit to Amarapura and U Bein Bridge, Mahagandayone Monastery, And then, you can make sightseeing in Mandalay with Old Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery and KUTHODAW PAGODA. Visit also one of the most revered religious monuments of Myanmar, the MAHAMUNI PAGODA. Proceed to Mandalay Hill and enjoy the beautiful sunset.

Visit the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagna: including Shwezigone Pagoda, Htilo Minlo Temple, Gupyaukgyi Temple. In the afternoon learn of manufacturing Myanmar’s most treasured handicrafts and visit a lacquer ware craftsmen’s workshop in nearby MYINKABA village. Later continue to MANUHA TEMPLE and enjoy the sunset from Shwesandaw Pagoda.

your can hire the car for full day in Mandalay and Bagan. It is not expensive.

Thanks for sharing

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Hi,

You mean you've seven days to go above places.

Day 1 --> Arrive Yangon. If your flight is early, you can sightseeing around Yangon by taxi. Bogyoke ( Scott ) market, China town, Sule pagoda, shopping centers, shwedagon pagoda and last drop at Aung Mingalar highway station to go Mandalay. Overnight Yangon.

Yangon to Mandalay, three V.I.P and one express buses.

(V.I.P) Departure ---> 9 AM ----- Arrival ---> 6 PM

(V.I.P) Departure ---> 9:30 PM ----- Arrival ---> 6:30 AM

(V.I.P) Departure ---> 10 PM ----- Arrival ---> 7AM

(Express) Departure ---> 9 PM ----- Arrival ---> 6 AM

V.I.P Bus Fare is 17,000ks and Express Bus Fare is 11,500ks

Day 2 ---> Arrive Mandalay, you can hire taxi at highway station. You can sightseeing famous places: Moat, Mandalay hill, Atumashi monastery, Shwe monastery, Maha Muni pagoda, world largest book ( Kuthodaw ) pagoda, old palace in moat. Also you can go U Bein bridge, Amarapura. Overnight Mandalay.

Day 3 ---> You can go Sagaing. On Sagaing hill a lot of pagodas built by ancient people. In Sagaing, 30 caves, 90 caves, Son Oo Pone Nya Shin pagoda are very famous. You can go that places by taxi. You can go Innwa old palace by boat across Irrawaddy river. You can explore at that place, ancient building, traditional foods, villages. Overnight in Mandalay.

Day 4 ---> You can go Mandalay to Bagan by river cruise. There are two river cruises up and down that two city. Fare is 40 US per person. On that boat you can get breakfast. Also sightseeing along the river.

Departure from Mandalay 7 AM ---- Arrive at Bagan 4 PM. Overnight in Bagan.

Day 5 ---> In Bagan a lot of ancient pagodas built by ancient Bagan kings. You can hire horse-cart, car and taxi at highway station. You must take 1 or 2 days explore Bagan. Bagan has two parts old and new Bagan. Overnight in Bagan.

Day 6 ---> Explore Bagan, Shwezigone Pagoda, Htilo Minlo Temple, Gupyaukgyi Temple and so on. Overnight Bus to Yangon.

For go back Yangon, there are one V.I.P Bus and two Express Buses.

(V.I.P) Departure ---> 8 PM ----- Arrival ---> 5 AM

(Express) Departure ---> 8 AM ----- Arrival ---> 5 PM

(Express) Departure ---> 7 PM ----- Arrival ---> 4 AM

V.I.P Bus Fare is 18,000ks and Express Bus Fare is 15,000ks.

Day 7 ---> Arrive Yangon. If your flight leave in evening. You can sightseeing some places in Yangon.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Time is tight,think very strongly about bus travel and fly.

SS

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Bagan taxi fare is 80 $ for whole day with Mt.Popa. Just in Bagan is 50 $.

Mandalay is 50 $ per day.

San Jose, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Thank you

San Jose, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Can you please send me any contact info that you may have? Do the hotel where we are staying can provide that? Thanks in advance.

San Jose, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

Thanks.

8. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:36 am, December 17, 2013
Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295408-i11091-k69…

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: need advise for Myanmar visit Dec 2013

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g295408-d5…