We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

october visit..suggestions

Which Mandalay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grenfell, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
october visit..suggestions

Hello...planning to visit Myanmar possibly in October...is this a bad time with rainfall hampering an itinerary.

Thanks

Paul

Yangon
Level Contributor
376 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: october visit..suggestions

no , check this link for weather

www.weatherreports.com/Yangon,Myanmar?units=c

1 Sep to 30 April is high , peak season

suggestion to big 4s , Yangon-Bagan-Mandalay-Inle-Yangon

Regards

Judy

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: october visit..suggestions

Bright side for the October is some hotel are still consider as low season and you can get low season rate .

For the weather , hard to predict but normally , it is end of season and become less rain.

Grenfell, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: october visit..suggestions

thankyou..paul

north coast nsw
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: october visit..suggestions

2011 wasn't great in October it flooded but i guess that was extreme it didn't effect my trip too much you just need a few spare days to fit things in,

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: october visit..suggestions

I currently do the fun part to decide heading to either Laos or Myanmar in October. It was mentioned above that it is difficult to predict the weather in Myanmar for that time. I don't mind the rai (would live in the wrong country if I do), but just wondering if any trekking would be difficult in October, as overnight trekking is on my to do list.

Usually would consider November, but would love spending my birthday in Asia.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: october visit..suggestions

I can suggest you to visit Myanmar in October. There is Phaung Daw Oo pagoda festival in Inle Lake. It held from 16 Oct to 2nd Nov. That you will have a big chance to see unique pagoda festival. The best day during the festival is 20 Oct. The barge, where 4 Buddha statue sitting in the middle, will be carrying in a long way crossing on the lake by Intha rowing the boat by leg.

Next chance is the full moon day of October(30 Oct) also called lighting festival. That held the whole country.

Don't worry. The rain is less and less in October.

Enjoy the festival in Myanmar but book hotels well in advance.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: october visit..suggestions

Late october is fine. No so much rain.

Except for the fact that you can not travel to the beach, other places such as Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay or Inle Lake are fine to visit.

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: october visit..suggestions

Hi Paul

I used to live in Sydney for the past 50 years and now reside in Yangon - Myanmar. I arrived at Yangon on 17/10/2011 and have traveled quite a bit during mid October to mid November 2011 . Places I went to were, Nay-Pyi-Taw, Mandalay, Pyin Oo Lwin, Inle Lake & Taungyi. Maybe luck or just that monsoon normally ends in Sept, it did not rained at places I went to. Usually Sept and Oct are also good for low season prices.

Enduring an occasional rain or shower should not deter you as your unique travel experience in Myanmar will more than compensate.

Suggest you have your Birthday at Sun set/Sun rise in Bagan or on Inle Lake. Best wishes and hope your travel plans to Myanmar runs smoothly.

9. Re: october visit..suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 16, 2013