We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

Which Mandalay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

Lastime when i was in Myanmar, I saw in the television, there was a very beautifyl water fall which is located in Shan State. How is it now, is there any way we can go and visit. Somebody please advise.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

Could be one of two but both are certainly worth a visit if you're in the area, makes for a refreshing stop on a hot day.

One is located in the village of Anisakan & called Daw Taw Gyaik Falls, also sometimes called Anisakan Falls. Located a few miles south of Pyin Oo Lwin, you can either cycle there of get one of the locals to take you on their bike for a fee.

Second one is further north & called Pwe Kauk falls. A few miles south of Hsipaw it can be seen from the main road. Same again, either hire a bike or get someone to take you.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

Actually , what BonZai mention water fall is in Mandalay Division.

Dat Taw Gyaik is before arrive to Pyin Oo Lwin from Mandalay and Pwe Kauk is just after the Pyin Oo Lwin.

I think what Orchid-pink mention is in Shan state ,where Hydro Electric project is going on. If I'm not wrong that is near a town called Nant San, Southern Shan State. If it is the place ,we can not go . The water is falling from very high place and quite big fall.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

Yep, thanks for the correction MGZ. I have a habit of saying that POL is in the Shan State as it's located so close to the border. Funny really, it's so close to the Shan border but is so 'unshan,' very Indian & Nepali influenced.

The one that's near Hsipaw in the Shan State is called Namtok (Namtauk) waterfall.

4. Re: How to visit beautiful Water Fall in Shan State

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 15, 2010