We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel caravan

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poole
10 posts
Save Topic
Camel caravan

I am travelling to Tunisia for the first time with my boyfriend in September, and was just wondering if anyone has done the camel ride excursion with Thomson?

If so, was it worth doing?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel caravan

Go with the local camel guy.. it costs 40 dinar and is well worth it... the guides a real jokers and if you get fed up wtih the camel you can always go on the pony and trap or the donkey!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel caravan

Fun but potentially v.dangerous. Make sure your Travel Insurance covers you.

Thomson/TC should have 3rd party insurance, but will the local camel guy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel caravan

Hi

Where do we find the camel rides?

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel caravan

Laura,

there will be agents in and around your hotel trying to sell you them, the tour operators also have them on their books, go to the welcome meeting, thomas cook call theirs, Camel Caravan, a half day trip costs about 40td, about £20,

alan

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel caravan

Hi

We havent had a welcome meeting and staff in the hotel only have broken english. There is a holiday folder with the excursions in but no way of booking them!

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camel caravan

Laura, who have you travelled with and which hotel are you staying at?

If you are with Thomson or Thomas Cook i cant see why you havnt been invited to a welcome meeting?

There should be guys about selling all manner of trips in your hotel, whichever hotel you are in.

Julie

Edited: 5:58 am, September 16, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Camel caravan

We are at El Faracha. Flew with Thomson but holiday package booked through lowcost holidays. Theres nobody about selling anything and hotel aren't helpful at all

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camel caravan

it must be nice to go to a hotel and not have the constant hassle from the sellers but i still cant understand why there is no welcome meeting, this is were the tour op's make their money,

alan

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camel caravan

Thats True Alan, must be nice. Lol.

Altho ive never heard of this hotel so i cant comment on it but like you say im surprised there is no rep or nobody at all selling any trips. May be best for Laura to find one of the bigger hotels and go and find a seller or just walk along the beach?? Must be somebody selling trips there?

Julie

10. Re: Camel caravan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 18, 2014