We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for 1st week in May?

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to pack for 1st week in May?

Just booked up today for couples sousse hotel, never been to Tunisia before so really looking forward to it.

I know that no one can predict what the weather will be like, but does anyone have an idea of whether i should take jeans and a tee shirt kind of clothes, or shorts and tee shirt kinda clothes? If not its ok, probably a silly question. Also, do we need to cover up when out of hotel? I heard someone say before to cover shoulders and knees?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

I cant answer u on the weather for May.

As long as u dont wear a bikini round the town, beach and pool area is fine. No need to cover shoulders or knees, no one cares, its a holiday destination so they are used to it. Shorts/skirt and vest/boob tube style tops are all acceptable....if its warm enough.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

Thank you

Sousse, Tunisia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

I've been to Sousse three times and I'm moving there in May. I would not suggest tube tops/mini skirts or anything showing too much cleavage, midriff or thighs even in the midst of summer. You will be asking for unwanted attention, and unless your guy shows a bit of possessiveness, they will approach you - even hotel staff! Wear enough that you feel you are respecting not only yourself, but the locals. You'll only need to cover up (headscarf and full length) if you visit any mosques, mausoleums or quran schools (which have beautiful architecture/tiling) As for the weather, the days are already in the mid-20s now, so I'm assuming it will be that or more in May. Sousse can get really windy and cool at night, plus there's always a chance of rain, so even if you decide on shorts, bring one pair of jeans and a hoodie to be safe.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

Thanks very much for that, you've helped a lot

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

hopefull no need for a hoodie !!!!! low 20's just now so hope it will be high 20's by may. First time for us aswell . 4 of us going from fife. Think we could be on same plane as you from Edinburgh. First Choice ?

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

Thomsons, I think thomsons own first choice tho. 7.05am flight?

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

aye thats flight we are on. Cant wait too get away from this very long winter

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

I know, it's bloody Baltic! Never mind, 4 and a half weeks and well be moaning we're too hot ha ha!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

Yes First Chioce is part of Thomson

FC only do All Inclusive now

Enjoy.... oh, the weather? should be great. Been in March and April .

I have even got a tan in November in Tunisia ... and December!!

Cheers

Mick

Edited: 5:54 pm, March 30, 2013
scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to pack for 1st week in May?

Better be hot or the missus aint going to be happy ! lol Were all inclusive at the Marhaba Beach but hopefully we will go out a few times for a change from the hotel. Recommend anywhere Mick ?